spc
Search similar:

uniqs
cdbma
join:2003-01-19
Bolton, MA

cdbma

got me by the...

I have two analog TVs. I was thrilled when Comcast gave me two DAs for no charge. Well done...or so I thought. Now I'm being charged $2/month for each. If I ditch the DAs, I have to ditch the TVs (I tried a D/A adapter and a DTV antenna - not great). So, I can send a message by returning, but then I'd have to get new DTVs, which would require two STBs - at additional cost.

I'm hosed!

I like the idea of taking them back and seeing if they blink.
kaila
join:2000-10-11
Lincolnshire, IL

kaila

Hopefully you're close enough to the Boston market when Aereo comes to town. Aereo's service connected through a Roku box for each set gives 1hr day for free, or unlimited w/20hrs DVR storage for $8mo.
cdbma
join:2003-01-19
Bolton, MA

cdbma

You hit the nail on the head. I need competition. Comcast is the only game in town, other than satellite. I will not put a dish on my roof! I can't get FIOS, and Comcast knows that I'm bluffing if I threaten to pull the plug, because I have limited choices for video and internet. I am a pure capitalist. In general, I really don't have a problem with what Comcast charges. I am upset that I don't have other viable choices if I want to go elsewhere.

I will pursue Aereo and other alternatives. Thanks for the tip.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by cdbma:

other than satellite. I will not put a dish on my roof!

You dont want comcast because of the box / DTA charges and also dont really want the converter box but the reason you wont use DirectTV is because you dont want a dish on your roof? Do you know that satellite uses boxes to?

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984 to kaila

Premium Member

to kaila
said by kaila:

Hopefully you're close enough to the Boston market when Aereo comes to town. Aereo's service connected through a Roku box for each set gives 1hr day for free, or unlimited w/20hrs DVR storage for $8mo.

Aereo is only for OTA tv which is free.
Aereo is really for those that want to watch OTA tv on their mobile phones or tablets over the internet.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to cdbma

MVM

to cdbma
said by cdbma:

Why would they blink? You're either going to pay the DTA rental fee, the STB rental fee, or get rid of the TV. No matter what way you look at it, you lose.

Corehhi
join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC

Corehhi to cdbma

to cdbma
said by cdbma:

I have two analog TVs. I was thrilled when Comcast gave me two DAs for no charge. Well done...or so I thought. Now I'm being charged $2/month for each. If I ditch the DAs, I have to ditch the TVs (I tried a D/A adapter and a DTV antenna - not great). So, I can send a message by returning, but then I'd have to get new DTVs, which would require two STBs - at additional cost.

I'm hosed!

I replaced an old 30 inch tube Tv with a LCD and I swear my electric bill went noticeably down. My 30 inch was from 94 something like that low end model and I think I actually saved enough money by now on electricity to pay for the TV.
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88

Can't watch it from the side. No thanks, I'll stick with my tube HDTV.

LightS
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
Greenville, TX

LightS

Premium Member

Nonsense. We have numerous LCD TV's, LED TV's, and I recently bought a new Plasma.

Best viewing angle is the LED - Plasma 2nd, LCD third. However, the LCD is fine, you only have issues when the TV is not parallel to your viewing angle. Side viewing is fine.