how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gest

@optonline.net
reply to momcat1

Re: Arris modem out of sync - precisely 48 hours apart

Been seeing lots of this lately. Anyone else. A few people i know are seeing it also. Seems like internet just stops working. Along with the dhcp one

TLV-11 - unrecognized OID;CM-MAC=00:1d:d0:**:**:** ;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:49:6e:48;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

dingchavez

@optonline.net
I get these sort of errors all the time, on my brand new Arris modem. These errors seem to lead to a loss of internet connection, resulting in the need to power-cycle...sometimes, the errors come and go without necessitating a complete restart, but they certainly have a negative effect on network performance.

In addition, I have nearly constant visual artifacts on all of my cable boxes as well. Some channels are intermittently black, most often Discovery/Learning, Speed TV, and the History Channel. Sound will often skip and sputter, and the cable boxes freeze fairly often (more than once a week).

I have had many technicians in my home, and the supervisor for my area is in my rolodex. They all claim that this is either normal operation - or that any one of a number of things are at fault. To date, they have blamed my problems on 1) electrical interference from wall outlets 2) stretched wires from hurricane Sandy 3) the cable box and.or modem being too warm 4) bad splitters 5)loose wires at box terminus 6) bad run from street to house 6) HDMI wire
7) electrical interference from a neighbors home 8) temperature fluctuation related to weather.

Cablevision's monopoly has insulated them from competition for too long. Whatever the root(s) of these issues, they have lingered for years, through multiple generations of equipment.

/rant

aannoonn

@optonline.net
If you're truly having problems, send an email to Wilt (search the forum for his email address). He'll get you fixed up.

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat

join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY
Nope, it's not that serious yet. When it gets worse I will

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
If it's only some PCs in the house and not others, don't bother Wilt because it's an in-house issue.

momcat1

Wappingers Falls, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
It's all of them, but not at the same time. I haven't changed anything in the house. I do suspect ill timed resets on the modem, because I had to refresh the wifi printer, and both NAS drives stopped communicating with the router. All of this happened in the same time frame. The router doesn't show anything unusual.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by momcat1:

I do suspect ill timed resets on the modem, because I had to refresh the wifi printer, and both NAS drives stopped communicating with the router.

Your printer and NAS drives have nothing to do with your modem. Your problem lies elsewhere.

It's dingchavez who may need to contact Wilt.

momcat1

Wappingers Falls, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by Bob4 See Profile
Your printer and NAS drives have nothing to do with your modem. Your problem lies elsewhere.

[/BQUOTE :

What are you hinting at?

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
You have a problem with your own network.