spc
uniqs
kaila
join:2000-10-11
Lincolnshire, IL

kaila to cdbma

to cdbma

Re: got me by the...

Hopefully you're close enough to the Boston market when Aereo comes to town. Aereo's service connected through a Roku box for each set gives 1hr day for free, or unlimited w/20hrs DVR storage for $8mo.
cdbma
join:2003-01-19
Bolton, MA

cdbma

You hit the nail on the head. I need competition. Comcast is the only game in town, other than satellite. I will not put a dish on my roof! I can't get FIOS, and Comcast knows that I'm bluffing if I threaten to pull the plug, because I have limited choices for video and internet. I am a pure capitalist. In general, I really don't have a problem with what Comcast charges. I am upset that I don't have other viable choices if I want to go elsewhere.

I will pursue Aereo and other alternatives. Thanks for the tip.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by cdbma:

other than satellite. I will not put a dish on my roof!

You dont want comcast because of the box / DTA charges and also dont really want the converter box but the reason you wont use DirectTV is because you dont want a dish on your roof? Do you know that satellite uses boxes to?

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984 to kaila

Premium Member

to kaila
said by kaila:

Hopefully you're close enough to the Boston market when Aereo comes to town. Aereo's service connected through a Roku box for each set gives 1hr day for free, or unlimited w/20hrs DVR storage for $8mo.

Aereo is only for OTA tv which is free.
Aereo is really for those that want to watch OTA tv on their mobile phones or tablets over the internet.