said by Sweet Witch:
It was the damned Filter Keys. I wish there were ways to turn these options off permanently.
Perhaps there is [BSEG]
PawSense helps you catproof your computer.
PawSense is a software utility that helps protect your computer from cats. It quickly detects and blocks cat typing, and also helps train your cat to stay off the computer keyboard.
Every time your computer boots up, PawSense will automatically start up in the background to watch over your computer system.
Even while you use your other software, PawSense constantly monitors keyboard activity. PawSense analyzes keypress timings and combinations to distinguish cat typing from human typing. PawSense normally recognizes a cat on the keyboard within one or two pawsteps.
* If a cat gets on the keyboard, PawSense makes a sound that annoys cats.
This teaches your cat that getting on the keyboard is bad even if humans aren't watching.
* cat-like typing detected
Once a cat has been recognized, PawSense blocks the cat's keyboard input. This keeps the cat from entering lots of commands to your programs or operating system.
* PawSense also includes a screensaver mode, which features extra-sensitive cat detection, protection, and sonic training and a one-click escape button.
* We make our software easier to use with a printed, bound manual. We know that trying to read computer help files and use software at the same time on the same computer screen is a nuisance.
* Additional advanced features provide maximal flexibility and effectiveness.
* Now available for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7.
More at the link above. No personal experience with it, although I have considered buying it for many years, especially since one of our cats damaged one of our phones by pressing the [Esc] key during a firmware upgrade for the phone --
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona, USA