share rss forum feed

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:3
reply to ESPN

Re: Billing $80/85 Ultimate HD - 1/22/13

They will likely cancel the orders, no different than when an online shop has a bad price, BestBuy had to do this right before Christmas, its no different

brutus

join:2003-12-16
Tampa, FL
It will be tough to cancel orders when we have already been upgraded or installed. I signed up for the deal not knowing it was a glitch and was able to renew my 2 year contract which was about to expire. My old pricing is no longer an option since I was still on the old $114.99 for 35/35 and Ultimate.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit
said by brutus:

It will be tough to cancel orders when we have already been upgraded or installed. I signed up for the deal not knowing it was a glitch and was able to renew my 2 year contract which was about to expire. My old pricing is no longer an option since I was still on the old $114.99 for 35/35 and Ultimate.

My guess is any order completed and enacted will be valid. The difference with Bestbuy is that was hardware based, this is not. Of course any order not completed will probably be cancelled.

OverlordQ

join:2002-07-03
Springdale, AR

3 edits
Unfortunately 'they have no record' of the price, so they're billing everybody the full price. So even if you printed off the confirmation page, you're still probably going to be SOL. In addition, none CSRs I spoke to had any clue about this issue.

So tl;dr is Verizon doesn't care, they're going to take your money and there's nothing you can do about it. As is standard procedure for VZ.