BellBoy
Steven Paul Jobs 1955-2011
Premium
join:2001-02-20
Los Angeles, CA
reply to haroldo

Re: [iPhone] Do you think the iPhone is a good "value"

I didn't vote and here's why...

It's a TOTALLY subjective question. Some people will buy an iPhone because it's the latest and "the best" where others will buy it because they want something that works with the fewest hassles. That being said some will buy it and do literally nothing with it, where others will learn everything they can about how it works, what apps they might want, etc.

I actually had a conversation with a person (older--in his 60's) that told me he was sorry he ever bought the thing and it was a waste of money. I asked him why he bought it--his response: the marketing told him he needed it. He didn't really bother to stop and think about it. He probably would have been happier with a phone that just makes calls and that's it. When I actually showed him what he could do with it, he changed his mind and was quite happy that he owned it.

So again...your question's poll results are completely in the eyes of the beholders if you will...
--
"When the day comes that anyone can bend our country's laws and lawmakers to serve selfish, competitive ends, that day democratic government dies." -- Preston Tucker, June 1948

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1

said by BellBoy:

I didn't vote and here's why...

It's a TOTALLY subjective question. ...

So again...your question's poll results are completely in the eyes of the beholders if you will...

thats the whole point of the exercise. Poll was a response to a person who said "it's (presumably Apple products) no longer a value" (sic), and I argued that it is, since each person has their own value set, where they determine which goods and services are worthy of trade for their currency.
I further argued that the outstanding degree of marketplace acceptance is an indication that many consumers consider it a good value (IMHO)