Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to joleme

Premium Member

to joleme

Re: [GA] Usage Meter and Slow Speeds

If anyone has any further questions regarding this issue, feel free to send me a message I will be happy to look into it for you.
joleme
join:2013-01-20

joleme to wpbear

to wpbear
pretty much what the guy above said.

Also, even if you have the 12/1 service and have an actual cap of 250, if you go over it once in a while, mediacom doesn't seem to care much, at least not in my area. It's the one thing I'll give them credit for being decent.

As for the grandfathering, at least in my area its not like cell phones, there new limits affect everyone regardless of join date.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to wpbear

Premium Member

to wpbear
All grandfathered accounts will show 250 GB cap but there will be no charges for usage exceeding 250 GB. Use your connection and don't worry about any caps.
DoctorX
join:2010-08-01

DoctorX to wpbear

to wpbear
chad... i thought you said grandfathered ultra50 didnt have a cap... only if you changed your plan after 8/1/12? Are you saying i have a cap now?

kwbelt1
join:2006-06-03
Harrisburg, IL

kwbelt1 to wpbear

to wpbear
I have a grandfathered 12/1 plan and the usage meter shows a cap of 250GB. Last month I used 612GB and there have been no extra charges.

I do question the accuracy of the meter though. I didn't use the internet any more than normal but some how used 600gb of data. The month before shows way under my normal usage. This month I was at my the meter shows I've used 300gb in 4 days. That can't be right, at this rate I'll be at 2TB by the end of the month.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to wpbear

Premium Member

to wpbear
If you have any issues, feel free to send me a message here.
wpbear
join:2011-02-17
Cataula, GA

wpbear

I guess next month I will attempt to go over 251GB in order to test the meter.......

Dumb system to implement package caps and meters and then not use it correctly. I hope you are correct because I really don't want to call the billing department.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to wpbear

Premium Member

to wpbear
Your account is provisioned for the Ultra 50 Service. As long as your are provisioned for this service, you will not be charged as your data allowance is 999 GB as what is stated here: »mediacomcable.com/site/i ··· net.html
wpbear
Cataula, GA

wpbear to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
As far as the usage meter being incorrect; I don't really want to wait until I go over 250 and get charged and then get the meter fixed.

This link: »dl.dropbox.com/u/1344029 ··· tled.jpg
is what I see and I have no doubt the computer will auto bill me at 251GB...since that is the whole point of the meter being there.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to wpbear

Premium Member

to wpbear
There are no issues in the area that I am seeing. I am only aware of issues that are brought to my attention, but since you are on the Ultra Service, your allowance is 999 GB.
wpbear
Cataula, GA

wpbear to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
Does everybody else with the Ultra have the incorrect usage meter.

Also is there a speed problem in GA tonight?

»dl.dropbox.com/u/1344029 ··· tled.jpg

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to wpbear

Premium Member

to wpbear
All Ultra 50 plans have the 999 GB data allowance. You do not have to worry about going over.
wpbear
Cataula, GA

wpbear to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
Well this is what mine says:

Mediacom Online Ultra 50
50Mbps Download / 5Mbps Upload
250 GB monthly usage allowance
Your Current Internet Usage Of
107.3 GB Is Equal To:

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to wpbear

Premium Member

to wpbear
The Ultra 50 package has a Data Allowance of 999 GB, whether you signed up for it before or after we implemented the change 8/1/12.
wpbear
Cataula, GA

1 edit

wpbear

I have two new issues that Chad can hopefully answer.

I have had internet only since July 2010. 12 months ago I switched to the Ultra 50/5 and was given a discount for one year but no contract required. Last month I received a letter telling me my rate was going up due to the promo expiring and it had links to the new mediacom website to check my monthly usage. I thought the monthly usage note was strange since that should be grandfathered unlimited since I had the same service before the implementation of usage caps.

So today I log in to mediacom website for tech support since my speeds tonight are 1.0 mbps down but still 5.0 up speed. I wanted to see who to call. Anyway I found the usage meter page and it says I have used 107GB of 250 GB this month.

So first is there a Speed problem tonight in GA? Also why am I in the usage cap if I should have been grandfathered?????????