Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

swarner

join:2008-02-08
Hamilton, ON
reply to tee el cee

Re: cheap provider for low usage & land line port

As always there are lots of alternatives.

Check out Anveo ... they offer free porting for US numbers into an annual plan that provides free incoming calls.

From the Anveo web site .....

SPECIAL OFFER!
Port a phone number in US or Canada for FREE to 'Personal Unlimited' or 'Office Unlimited' rate plan with 12 month pre-payment for the phone number. (porting request must be submited before April 1st 2013)
* Free Porting Specific Terms. When the FREE porting is complete the phone number will be pre-paid for 12 month and account will be charged non-refundable $24 (12 x $2/month) for
Personal Unlimited rate plan.

So ... fund an account with about $40 ... this will cover the port and one year of service as well as the E911 fee of $.80 per month and Caller ID cost of $.09 per incoming call (if you choose to use it).

You could even set up the service so that all callers would go to voicemail ... and the transcript would be emailed to you.

tee el cee

join:2010-01-30
Colts Neck, NJ

said by swarner:

So ... fund an account with about $40 ... this will cover the port and one year of service as well as the E911 fee of $.80 per month and Caller ID cost of $.09 per incoming call (if you choose to use it).

Also nice. But a per-call fee for inbound caller id?!? That's a surprise and I couldn't find it on the website.

Thank you

Stewart

join:2005-07-13
kudos:21

1 recommendation

said by tee el cee:

But a per-call fee for inbound caller id?!? That's a surprise and I couldn't find it on the website.

I believe that swarner had a typo -- it's $0.009 per call, and that's for caller ID name. You get the calling number at no charge.

Also, if you don't need SIP access, I believe that you don't need to pay the 911 charge. (You can set up the voicemail greeting by upload or by calling in from another phone.)