Search similar:

uniqs
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

4 edits

19579823 (banned)

Keyboard Question

Anyone know how to completly DISABLE the blasted mode that when you press a key it does an action instead of typing the letter on the screen?? (Example: Instead of having to press CTRL-F you can just hit F and it does the action) I keep accidently enabling this and i dont know how i did or how to disable it! (I just start hitting keys @ random and it goes back to reg mode)

EDIT:

I just searched my registry for "Keyboard" and i found this entry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Stickykeys

On that key one of its sub keys is "Available" and its set to 1 which means enabled..

IF I CHANGE IT TO 0 WILL IT DISABLE THAT FROM EVER HAPPENING AGAIN?? (If this IS stickykeys mode im activating which i dont know if it is)

Interesting i saw another thread about STICKYKEYS on this base tonight.. I hope he gets his keyboard reset. (Im sure his kitty didnt mean to do that -- Meow!!)

EDIT 2:

This page says if you dont use any accessibility options,YOU CAN JUST DELETE THE WHOLE KEY..

»superuser.com/questions/ ··· cky-keys

I went thru every sub-key and "TIMEOUT" is set to ON .. Dunno what that is but seeing its ON i dont know if i wanna remove it!! (I'd rather just disable everything else in this key)

Tel
join:2001-10-12
Mauldin, SC

Tel

Have you tried Control Panel>Ease of Access Center>Make the Keyboard Easier to Use
There you can turn sticky keys on and off.
Under the sticky keys options the default option to turn on sticky keys is by pressing the shift key 5 times. Maybe that's what you're doing.
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823
Key modification processing (related to SHFT, CTRL, ALT keys) is usually done by application. What application exhibits that behavior?
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned)

Well when it occurs the keyboard acts this way NO MATTER what i have open! (I can be @ desktop and press the letter f and windows search opens)

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823

Re: Keyboard Question

Not sure if you have looked at this yet or not, so its just a suggestion...

If you press the F key, and you get the same functionally as "Windows Key + F", is there a chance that your windows key(s) on the keyboard are stuck in the pressed position?

If you have not looked into that yet, that may be an option.

If that's it, it may be time to clean your keyboard!

--Brian
OZO
Premium Member

OZO

Premium Member

Agreed. It looks like the problem with stuck CTRL key to me too.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned)

Hmmmm i just checked that key and it goes up and down freely
OZO
Premium Member

OZO

Premium Member

Nevertheless the contact could be stuck. Try a different keyboard.