spc
uniqs

leiolanisad
@comcast.net

leiolanisad to Sherlock9

Anon

to Sherlock9

Re: [Scam] Tenant Verified Scam

Due to me being naive and not knowing this is a scam I paid the $39.95 and registered. This morning logged in and sent a message wanting a contact number to speak to someone. They ACTUALLY responded:

Hi xxxxx,

If there is an issue it is quicker resolved via this helpdesk. TenantVerified's toll free number will show up on your credit card statement as 1.888.373.2455

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Jason
-Customer Support

I called and someone answered. I told them they charged $3,995 to my credit card. He said "really? did the charge go through." I was so angry I hung up!!!! Didn't want to say too much because I wanted to give the number to police. These people stole money and act like they didn't know. Actually have a 888# which makes me wonder. They are just scamming a bogus service and making $39.95 off each person, and time to time steeling thousands. How in the world do people sleep at night?! Thankful for internet and how fast things getting around.......quicker to stop these individuals but seriously why don't these people get real jobs make money correct way. Start a business FINE but make the service real not half #$%.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by leiolanisad :

Due to me being naive and not knowing this is a scam I paid the $39.95 and registered. This morning logged in and sent a message wanting a contact number to speak to someone. They ACTUALLY responded:

said by scammer :
Hi xxxxx,

If there is an issue it is quicker resolved via this helpdesk. TenantVerified's toll free number will show up on your credit card statement as 1.888.373.2455
[snip]

I called and someone answered. I told them they charged $3,995 to my credit card. He said "really? did the charge go through." I was so angry I hung up!!!! Didn't want to say too much because I wanted to give the number to police. These people stole money and act like they didn't know.

Call your Credit Card company and report it as a fraudulent charge as they are scammers. Do not file the report you make as a disputed billing as it is pure fraud instead. Reporting it as a fraud charge is how you get the money charged back to your account. Don't contact the scammers further, just tell the Credit Card company that when you called they laughed at you about their charging right at 4 thousand dollars.

Also request at the same time a new Credit Card to replace your current card now that scammers have your Credit Card account info.
Sherlock9
join:2013-02-01
USA West Coa

Sherlock9

Don't forget calling FTC, Federal Trade Commission! These people are stealing, at the very least, lease information from a rental application (as was one of the scams I found) and at the most, a good amount of money from Tenant Verified. That is clearly consumer fraud and that is one of the reasons we have the FTC. They helped me and the worst the scammer did was link me to a bunch of creepy photos of knives, guns and exposed body parts.

The fact that they could pull that off technically at a Google web site, chose those subjects and did it so quickly, tells me dealing directly with these people and being confrontational, like I was in my email, may not be the thing to do. But the last posting was full of great suggestions!

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

1 edit

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by Sherlock9:

Don't forget calling FTC, Federal Trade Commission! These people are stealing, at the very least, lease information from a rental application (as was one of the scams I found) and at the most, a good amount of money from Tenant Verified. That is clearly consumer fraud and that is one of the reasons we have the FTC.

Yes good info, they should also fill out a report at IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint Center) here.

»www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
quote:
Filing a Complaint with the IC3

The IC3 accepts online Internet crime complaints from either the actual victim or from a third party to the complainant. We can best process your complaint if we receive accurate and complete information from you. Therefore, we request that you provide the following information when filing a complaint:

Your name
Your mailing address
Your telephone number
The name, address, telephone number, and Web address, if available, of the individual or organization you believe defrauded you.
Specific details on how, why, and when you believe you were defrauded.
Any other relevant information you believe is necessary to support your complaint.