I know your IP address
Consultant
join:2001-03-10
Yorba Linda, CA
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to antdude

Re: Salary details of ONE THIRD of Americans shared with Equifax

"Breach" is not the right word, because this suggests an unintentional act. This was intentional, which suggests a far stronger word whose precise definition so far escapes me.

red2

@fastwebnet.it

said by Steve:

"Breach" is not the right word, because this suggests an unintentional act. This was intentional, which suggests a far stronger word whose precise definition so far escapes me.

Perhaps the word you are looking for is "divulged", which suggests the making known of something that might have been secretive.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

reply to Steve

said by Steve:

I'd suggest a simple word pair instead: "trust betrayal"... as in 'biggest privacy trust betrayal in our time'. Particularly since employees have a trust that their employer will behave with integrity to guard the personal information they've entrusted to him - and this is anything but fulfilling such trust.
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Clearwire Wireless
·Time Warner Cable

2 recommendations

reply to Steve

said by Steve:

The word is "sellout"
as in
"biggest privacy sellout in our time"