spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ttigue
@centurytel.net

ttigue

Anon

[CenturyTel] CenturyLink retrains

Seriously getting fed up with CenturyLink and their support for my area. I live in a very rural area in Alabama and up until a few weeks ago I had very stable and very reliable DSL from CenturyLink. I don't know what happened but as of a few weeks ago, around the start of January, my DSL link has consistently retrained throughout the day sometimes remaining up for 5+ hours and sometimes less than a minute before getting a DSL link and dropping it all over again. I've called CenturyLink 5 times and could only convince them to get a tech to look at it twice. First time, got a replacement modem/router combo because "having 1 device should stop disconnects instead of using 2"... Of course, fixed nothing. I had to demand them send a tech to inspect the telephone line and all he did was change out a couple of things at the box down the road. Guess what, still have constant DSL link drops/retrains. Really? There's a problem with my actual line and he changes out a couple things and says "fixed it"? I'm sick of having to call them and tell them what the problem is. I know it's a line issue because the internet stays out much longer while it is windy or it is raining. Otherwise it's fine.

If anyone thinks it's something different please enlighten me. Here are my DSL stats. I use a Westell 6100 modem.

Downstream
Speed: 1756 Kbits/sec
Margin (dB): 27.6
Attenuation (dB): 29.5
Transmit Power (dBm): 16.9

Upstream
Speed: 283 Kbits/sec
Margin (dB): 26.4
Attenuation (dB): 12.6
Transmit Power (dBm): 12.6

Again the DSL link retrains and drops occasionally throughout the day sometimes staying out for upwards of 12 hours at a time; usually is worse while it's windy or raining. I've replaced splitters, ethernet, phone line, etc. and nothing at all has changed.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark

MVM

• Overall your signals are good to excellent.

• There are many reasons why the MODEM retrains. Training errors are problems with the syncing process to the DSLAM.

• Swap out the phone cable you are using. If that doesn't work, go out to the NID and plug into the interface there. If you still see the same problem, try a different MODEM. If still nothing changes, it is time to call CL and have them run a set of loop tests on the line.
CenturyLink
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

CenturyLink to ttigue

to ttigue
Hello!

My apologies for the trouble you've been having with your internet connection. As one of the managers in the executive office, I'd be happy to look into this for you.
When you have a moment, send the account information over to our team: »bit.ly/IArNlt.

Thank you!
-Doug