dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
exeter
join:2011-02-07

exeter to pandora

to pandora

Re: Ooma halting development, limiting support for hub ..

I am not surprised. They will always need a way to "upgrade" their platform to stay in business. With company charging next to nothing for service "kinda like MJ", they have to continue fighting to gain customers and or inject cashflow by churning equipment.

I saw it coming, and MJ is next. I can smell MJ will be coming out with a new "upgraded" device that you'll need to pay $50 for.

jduffy
Premium Member
join:2006-08-20
Cincinnati, OH

jduffy

Premium Member

No different than anything else in technology. Computer equipment has a life of 3 to 5 years. If you don't upgrade, computer manufacturers jack up maintenance fees to get you to upgrade. EMC wants it at 3 years, IBM and HP are OK up to 5.

Frankly as far as Ooma goes. I don't mind paying for Premium, it's a good deal and it's cheap. I only paid $99 for the Telo on a Woot deal. Since I was paying $33 a month for service from TWC, I'm ahead the first year.

Ooma works well and feature rich. It's worth it.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by jduffy:

Frankly as far as Ooma goes. I don't mind paying for Premium, it's a good deal and it's cheap. I only paid $99 for the Telo on a Woot deal. Since I was paying $33 a month for service from TWC, I'm ahead the first year.

Sauce for the goose is (not) sauce for the gander.