spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sofakng3

join:2007-08-25
Kingston, PA

Any providers with iPhone or mobile apps?

I really like the Google Voice app for the iPhone since you can quickly see who called and listen to the voicemails, etc.

Are there any other providers that have an iPhone app (for viewing calls and listening to voicemail; I don't need to make calls from the iPhone), or have a nice mobile website for doing this?

(For example, Anveo looks like a GREAT service and can e-mail voicemails, but doesn't have a dedicated app or even a mobile version of their website, etc)

mgraves1
Premium
join:2004-04-05
Houston, TX

Vonage Mobile is a free service & app for iPhone and Android. It includes a large amount of free minutes and can be used to make HDVoice calls between apps users.

»www.mgraves.org/2012/07/making-u···-mobile/

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:3
reply to sofakng3

Generic Soft phones do a great job and really there's no need to re-invent the wheel as they are the best at what they do. And you can configure multiple providers and also have access to your voicemail, history etc.

For Iphone I would recommend

- Bria
- Acrobits
- 3CX Phone

Only thing you have to do is configure your SIP username, password and VoIP server address.

Of course it doesn't give you access to the settings of the account (For that you can use your phone web browser) but most importantly, it let you do what the service is intended to do: place and receive calls.

My 2 cents
--
Martin - VoiP.ms

sofakng3

join:2007-08-25
Kingston, PA

Oh, if that works then that is perfect!

However, I'm not sure if it's really what I'm looking for:

Let's say I'm using an ATA/SIP device at home for my home phone line and somebody calls and leaves a voicemail (at my VOIP provider).

Can I login using my iPhone (as a SIP device) and see who called the house and left a message?

EDIT: It looks like if I use these apps, it will show a call history made from my iPhone, but not an entire call history on the phone line...

Stewart

join:2005-07-13
kudos:19
reply to sofakng3

Home screen

Voicemail screen

Call log entry
Phonepower's is pretty good but has several shortcomings. The home screen shows a call log (including calls that went to voicemail) and the number of unheard messages.

The Voicemail page shows only numbers, even though the log entries show names. If you click on a number, it takes you to the Click2Call page. Clicking play downloads the message, which opens in the phone's native media player. You can also get voicemails by email, or notifications by SMS. There is no transcription.

The call log entry page has the options shown. Click2Call takes you to a page where you can change the callback number, which defaults to the last one used; you must then click again to actually initiate the callback.

crazyk4952
Premium
join:2002-02-04
united state
kudos:1
reply to sofakng3

If you are looking to use your iPhone in addition to an ATA or IP phone at home, be sure you look at a provider that offers subaccounts. You will need separate credentials for each device that you have registered.

jobr

join:2004-10-21
Halifax, NS
reply to sofakng3

Martin didn't mention this, but voip.ms has an option that e-mails you the voicemail as an attachment. I use this to listen to voicemail from my cellphone and it works very well.

VexorgTR

join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH
reply to sofakng3

CallCentric has one of their own....

jduffy
Premium
join:2006-08-20
Cincinnati, OH

I can never get the Callcentric app to work. Each time I call a number, any number, it calls my own phone.

So I use Bria instead.
--
Atheists swear there is no Heaven, but pray there isn't a Hell.

crazyk4952
Premium
join:2002-02-04
united state
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric
·voip.ms
reply to VexorgTR

said by VexorgTR:

CallCentric has one of their own....

This is not a SIP app. All it does is do a callback to your cellphone number so it will use your minutes. Also, it is unable to receive incoming calls.
Expand your moderator at work