uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
join:2011-07-11
kudos:6
reply to tcauleycoge

Re: [INTERNET] Cannot update to new version of Cogeco Security S

Sorry to hear about your experience. If you want to PM me a list of all the software that shows up under your programs, I can take a look and see what might be conflicting.

kewl13

join:2003-06-29
Burlington, ON
Hi Aaron,
I had Googled and surfed into this forum for the first time and asked my question. I really appreciate your reply but I have been trying on and off ever since then to figure out how to PM you with the list. I couldn’t even get back into the forum to make this post but just got back in by changing the password. After trying many times I finally got back into the forum to make this post. Please let me know how to PM you and I will do it immediately.
Thanks,
Tom

schneks

join:2013-03-04
N7W 0A2
reply to Cogeco_Aaron
Hi Cogeco Aaron....Someone asked you about the problem with re installing Cogeco Security. I have the same issue . It says I have conflicting program and trys to uninstall it...It works to about 75% then stops and says to do it manually...but I have no idea what the conflict is....I have talked to Cogeco, and no help so far, and to Microsoft..and still not sure what to do.....would appreciate any help

Asawulf
Ignorance is bliss
VIP
join:2005-08-17
Trois-Rivieres, QC
kudos:4
Did you uninstall the previous version with the Config Panel or by using the specific uninstall tool ?

Please use this tool : »ftp://uninstall-tool:unist@ftp.custome···ure.com/ and wait for it to finish the uninstallation of previous versions that might have been in error/unremoved; note that the tool will reboot your computer when done in 95% of the times (when removing startup apps from the suite if they're still there)

And then reinstall the security suite.

Keep us informed how that went