share rss forum feed

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
reply to aurgathor

Re: [WIN8] can't make an ISO

I was at first going to suggest using another image burn program as well, but I don't think that will solve the problem.

Looking again at the OP's post a bit more deeply, I see that the OP is running Windows Vista. (bold added by me)

said by aurgathor:

PC: Dell Optiplex 745, 8 Gig RAM, 120 GB SSD, 500 GB HD, freshly installed Vista Business 64 bit.

It appears that the OP is trying to upgrade Vista Business 64 bit to Windows 8, using the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant. During that process, one of the options appears to allow the end user the option to burn a copy of Windows 8 from an iso file (in this case called Windows.iso) to DVD before the upgrade takes place.

The error message tells me that during that process, the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant was not able to burn that ISO.

I feel the OP's question is why did the error happen during the running of the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant. Some things that come to mind

• The actual DVD burner installed is not supported by the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant

• The file "Windows.iso" had a problem when it was being downloaded to the OP's system, which caused it not be able to be written to the DVD (corrupt file).

Unfortunately, I have never used the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant, so I am just guessing at this point based on what they have said. But, I hope that with my explanation it may help the OP get the answer they are looking for (that is, if my assumptions written above are correct).

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail