spc
uniqs
NullQwerty9
join:2008-12-18
united state

2 recommendations

NullQwerty9

Re: Water Shut Off Valve Not Shutting Off Fully

Gentleman. I come back to report harrowing tales of success. The beast and I grappled back and forth for minutes. I grabbed the beast by it's neck (the valve stem) but it refused to come loose. We battled bravely, till I finally chopped off it's neck (cut the pipe) and removed the beast from it's lair (took off the valve). It has since been replaced by the shark guardian (SharkBite Water Shutoff valve) and peace has been restored.

Tales of my journey will be repeated for years to come.

Thank you for your support and farewell.
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88

said by NullQwerty9:

Gentleman. I come back to report harrowing tales of success. The beast and I grappled back and forth for minutes. I grabbed the beast by it's neck (the valve stem) but it refused to come loose. We battled bravely, till I finally chopped off it's neck (cut the pipe) and removed the beast from it's lair (took off the valve). It has since been replaced by the shark guardian (SharkBite Water Shutoff valve) and peace has been restored.

Drain water, make sure one end of the pipe is exposed to atmosphere pressure. Blowtorch it, and pull the fitting off. You can wipe the solder off with a dry towel and make it clean for reuse.

Normal
@videotron.ca

Normal to NullQwerty9

Anon

to NullQwerty9
said by NullQwerty9:

LOL
And I guess this is the other way of doing it.

BUT! Did you flex and suck in the gut once it was all done while the better-half proclaimed you he-man of the day as you sipped your beer?

The ending is what matters