how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

justind

join:2008-11-30
Wheaton, IL

Billing snafu, anyone else had this?

Last year I signed up for paperless billing and auto-pay (had DSL since 2010). Last month I got a notice that I needed to update my card because it was expiring. When I went to change it, I noticed that AT&T has now implemented this Account Passcode thing where you have to link your subaccounts (I only have DSL). I thought I followed the directions correctly but nonetheless I can now no longer access my bill/payment info/etc... I get a message that says the account I am using is not authorized. As far as I know I have no other accounts.

After getting hung up on 3 times, I just filled out the form they sent to update the payment info. But apparently that didn't work either because last week I got a disconnect notice. I tried again to get through to an operator but after getting hung up after 35 minutes on hold, I just paid via the robot operator.

Next I tried again to get hold of an operator but got hung up on 2 more times (once during a transfer, so I have actually said 6 words to a real person at this point), so I decided to try the online chat... that was another frustrating experience in which the initial support person had me do a screen sharing thing so they could look through my account, and then proceeded to open ANOTHER chat window and go through 5 more people without resolution. At this point I disconnected. Nothing has changed, I still do not have access to my billing.

Anyone else had this problem? I'm assuming that once I get through to real person I will be able to get it fixed (hoping...)

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7

I'll suggest that you try posting in the Direct forum. Maybe someone there can get around the bureaucratic mess.
--
AT&T Uverse; Zyxel NBG334W router (behind the 2wire gateway); openSuSE 12.3 Beta1; firefox 18.0

justind

join:2008-11-30
Wheaton, IL

I'll give it a try!