You'll immediately notice the new GUI. We are excited to hear your feedback
The Software Updater is a new tool for helping you keep apps up to date. Give it a try
There is a new product tier called Premier, it includes 3 new features:
ï¿½ï¿½ Data Shredder for wiping files, drives, and partitions
ï¿½ï¿½ Software Updater in autoupdate mode
ï¿½ï¿½ AccessAnywhere for remotely connecting to your PC no matter where you are
There is also a Browser Cleanup tool; it's a standalone utility for getting rid of invasive toolbars. This utility is also
integrated in all avast! editions just to make things simpler.
Other improvements have been made to our FileRep and WebRep to help keep identify new threats in near real-time.
And finally, our Streaming Updates make sure you have the lastes virus definitions.
Known issues in this version
- Win8 is unsupported by this build (but Win8 compatibility is coming soon, of course)
- Except English, there are many translation issues
- Automatic Profile detection in the firewall is broken ï¿½ does not work on Win7
- No information popup on controlled PC when client is connected via avast! AccessAnywhere
- List of computers shows offline PCs and also those that dont have AccessAnywhere activated
- Self defence dialog appears when reinstalling over older builds
- After facebook registration setup might crash so reboot is required to start avast! service
- During softrial gui is not correctly updated
- Data shredder cannot shred files and partitions (GUI bug)
- There might be stability issues with Outlook plugins
- UI might hang sometimes during connecting to avast! account
- Some online content does not fit or is not translated yet
It should be possible to install this version on top of your existing avast! installation (all settings should be preserved).
-The AVAST team