Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..
reply to mustang50

Re: [Speed] Speed increase

said by mustang50:

here ya go...same ad I just saw on news 4.

(youtube clip)

Excellent! *kisses ya, bugs bunny style* Exactly what I was looking for.

Reminds me of something Dadkins said back in the day about Comcast Blast! 16/2 vs AT&T DSL @ 6 megs.

Speeds AT&T just can't match. We both had a great laugh over it, despite me never seeing the Cali commercial.

Damned fine work capturing this.

Papageno

join:2011-01-26
Portland, OR
reply to Oregonian

Re: [Speed] Speed increase.

And if it's like most things, NoPo's gonna get the short end of the stick as usual.

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Agreed.

Downside: It takes a long time for new features / updates to migrate to PDX.

Upside: They are usually well sorted by the time they get here so we rarely experience problems (at least that has been my experience).

jkj860
The Final Frontier

join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN

2 recommendations

reply to Chris 313

Re: [Speed] Speed increase

Click for full size
Click for full size
said by Chris 313:

said by jblues:

I saw the Xfinity ad here in Detroit.

Rolling across the top, it said "Doubling speeds on our 2 fastest tiers soon" and "200meg service coming this summer."

If you can, please post screenies or a captured radio ad if possible. I want to see/hear this with my own eyes/ears.

Commercial just played here.
--
I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant. Nixon

whfsdude
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC
reply to mrschultz02

Re: [Speed] Speed increase.

I wonder if the 200mbit+ tier will be over DOCSIS or fiber (like the 305).

mario02423

join:2004-06-09
Berwyn, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

Just got off the phone with 800XFINITY, the representative confirmed the following for the Chicago markets:

Performance is going up. Not sure on the speeds.
Blast is going from 25 to 50/10 in March, 2013.
Extreme 50 is going from 50/10 to 105/20 in either March or April, 2013.
Extreme 105 is not increasing, maybe the price will change or possibly new bundles. IMHO, not likely.

Going to post this to the Chicago thread as well.

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA
reply to mrschultz02

Hoping I get the increase here on Blast. Not so much because of the download speed but the upload.
--
»www.VAJeeps.com | »www.ChinchillasForum.com

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..
reply to mario02423

said by mario02423:

Just got off the phone with 800XFINITY, the representative confirmed the following for the Chicago markets:

Performance is going up. Not sure on the speeds.
Blast is going from 25 to 50/10 in March, 2013.
Extreme 50 is going from 50/10 to 105/20 in either March or April, 2013.
Extreme 105 is not increasing, maybe the price will change or possibly new bundles. IMHO, not likely.

Going to post this to the Chicago thread as well.

That doesn't quite make sense to have 2 105/20 tiers, does it? In the NE area, when Extreme 50/10 went to 105/20, the Extreme 105 package went away and customers of 105/20 got a price decrease to what 50/10 was.

I'm thinking whoever you talked to had their wires crossed on this. However, if they are right, maybe this will mean those who have 105/20 will be changed to the 200 package talked about in the ads.

Oh and according to here: »Source: New Comcast Speeds Arrive For Most in March

Performance will become what Blast is now. (25/4)

GSTEXEC1
Premium
join:2004-10-26
Fort Pierce, FL
reply to mrschultz02

I'm in the South East Florida Area and the ad is running on tv channel 12 in West Palm Beach, FL. Have seen it 3 times now.
Only has the part about top 2 tiers doubling speed. Nothing about the 200 speed.

Netbum

join:2002-04-08
Oakley, CA

1 recommendation

reply to Oregonian

True,but a whole year later??

mario02423

Berwyn, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Chris 313

said by Chris 313:

the Extreme 105 package went away and customers of 105/20 got a price decrease to what 50/10 was.

Don't think that's happening here... Comcast.com just posted an offer (last week) for Extreme 105 at $105 with a 12-month contract. Not sure why they'd want people to sign a contract if they're discounting it and/or if it's going away.

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
Houma, LA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..

said by mario02423:

said by Chris 313:

the Extreme 105 package went away and customers of 105/20 got a price decrease to what 50/10 was.

Don't think that's happening here... Comcast.com just posted an offer (last week) for Extreme 105 at $105 with a 12-month contract. Not sure why they'd want people to sign a contract if they're discounting it and/or if it's going away.

It is very weird that it'd happen like I said in the NE, everyone else get the speed upgrades a year later, but some places end up with 2 105/20 packages?

This could lend credit to what I said about upgrading one 105/20 package to the 200 speed mentioned in the ad.

In any case, we only have a few more days before things begin and we'll know for certain. I wish you much luck and want to hear all about it so I can drool over your speeds.

Unless Comcast pulls something out of their ass in a few days upgrade wise, my area can't do 50/15 like advertised and 105 is a definite no

jblues

join:2001-04-28
Allen Park, MI
reply to mrschultz02

Talked to a person in the Ann Arbor, MI about my area (Downriver.) Both gents I talked to said March availability...I have Extreme 50...will go to 105.

I may downgrade to Blast to just keep 50 or let the promo run, not sure.

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
Houma, LA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..

1 recommendation

said by jblues:

Talked to a person in the Ann Arbor, MI about my area (Downriver.) Both gents I talked to said March availability...I have Extreme 50...will go to 105.

If you're on a Promo for Extreme 50, why would you want to downgrade? Enjoy the speed while you have it. And then after it expires, downgrade back to Blast to keep the 50 you had before the upgrade, like you said? (Not to mention saving like 40 bucks)

Is money your only concern for not keeping what will be the 105 upgrade?

HerronScott

join:2004-12-23
Staunton, VA
reply to Chris 313

said by Chris 313:

So is the speed increase to go with the price increase we're getting here as of March 1st?

Scott

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
Houma, LA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..

1 recommendation

said by HerronScott:

said by Chris 313:

So is the speed increase to go with the price increase we're getting here as of March 1st?

Scott

Probably. Considering the link I quoted also said that for most of us our bill will be 2 bucks higher then those in NE. (Damn that lack of adequate competition to keep prices in line, eh?)

I don't know about price increases in your local area, but at least if they're increasing prices, even by a little, they're giving us something we can actually use, rather then TV channels or the ever popular "We're doing it to increase customer value, but are really bending the customer over while mugging their wallets with a smile"

Too bad we had to wait a year for what NE got first, eh?

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
reply to mrschultz02

They raised our HSI prices $2 a month (It took out Blast! from $72.95 to $74.95) in Feb, but the fastest tier available to us in Mendocino County is still Blast!, 25/4 (35/6 w/Powerboost). Any idea when we'll see the speed increases here?

TheToro
Premium
join:2003-06-05
Oak Park, MI
reply to jblues

said by jblues:

im in ann arbor, ypsilaty area as well. any specific date?

mario02423

Berwyn, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by TheToro See Profile
im in ann arbor, ypsilaty area as well. any specific date?

:

March 4.

mario02423

Berwyn, IL

1 recommendation

reply to mrschultz02

Confirmed with 800XFINITY again -- Chicago markets are increasing on March 4th, other markets are increasing on April 15th. The Extreme 105 will stay the same but the price will go down (at least in Chicago markets). No 200+ service yet...

egeek84
Premium
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA

1 recommendation

Why only Chicago? Why not other markets on March 4th as well?

mario02423

Berwyn, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by egeek84:

Why only Chicago? Why not other markets on March 4th as well?

I've called twice for information now. The number is 800XFINITY. I'm not sure if it's "only" Chicago, but she specifically said, "Chicago markets on March 4, and others on April 15th."

Moropo
Premium
join:2002-07-28
reply to mrschultz02

Has anyone gotten the 50/10 upgrade to Blast in the Miami area?

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
reply to mario02423

said by mario02423:

Confirmed with 800XFINITY again -- Chicago markets are increasing on March 4th, other markets are increasing on April 15th. The Extreme 105 will stay the same but the price will go down (at least in Chicago markets). No 200+ service yet...

I find it extremely hard to believe that Chicago is the only market launching on that date.

jkj860
The Final Frontier

join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN

FYI I still dont have IPV6 though.

Shinrin

@comcast.net
reply to mrschultz02

So, I saw the ad earlier today at work on CNN. Good to hear that Gadsden, AL is getting the speeds soon..

supposed to be an upgrade of their two fastest speeds..

the only two speeds we got here are Blast and Performace..

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium
join:2002-06-22
kudos:2
reply to mario02423

said by mario02423:

So, I wonder if "Chicago Market" is Bloomington, IL as well

K3

join:2008-05-06
Kankakee, IL

I am in Kankakee and am included in the Chicago market. I got the message on my cable box on the 18th for the speed increase.

CrippleFight

join:2001-07-11
Chi-Town
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·AT&T Southeast
reply to acadiel

said by acadiel:

So, I wonder if "Chicago Market" is Bloomington, IL as well

I'm in Champaign and I received speed increase message. So I would assume that you're area is also included.

egeek84
Premium
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA
reply to mrschultz02

so what's the first thing everyones gonna do when they get the new speeds? :0