Search similar:

uniqs

K3
join:2008-05-06
Kankakee, IL

K3 to egeek84

to egeek84

Re: [Speed] Speed increase.

Im going to do double what I do now lol. Not much that I can do with 105 that I can't already do with 50 lol. Maybe download all these free games that came with my limited addition ps3 that I just got. 12 full game downloads is a lot of GB's

egeek84
Premium Member
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA

egeek84

Premium Member

no way! which limited edition ps3? And grats on joining the PS3 family, I love mine. I use it the most out of all my consoles ( and i own them all)

Likely going to get the PS4 as well

jblues
join:2001-04-28
Allen Park, MI

jblues to mrschultz02

to mrschultz02
I now have received a message on my cable box here in Detroit (Downriver), also, Comcast pays WWJ Newsradio 950 to do ads for them (by the news anchors.) This morning the man doing the ad mentioned the speed increases.
johnnn
join:2007-01-25
Ann Arbor, MI

johnnn to jblues

to jblues

Re: [Speed] Speed increase

Very excited about this. The west Ann Arbor routing topology recently changed significantly...they moved to a single xe-SUR router between here and Pontiac and speeds have already been more consistent since then. Can't wait for the new config file!

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium Member
join:2002-06-22
Atlanta
Apple AirPort Express (2012)
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)
ARRIS SB6183

acadiel to CrippleFight

Premium Member

to CrippleFight

said by CrippleFight:

said by acadiel:

So, I wonder if "Chicago Market" is Bloomington, IL as well

I'm in Champaign and I received speed increase message. So I would assume that you're area is also included.

I don't have a box, and haven't gotten anything in my Comcast.net email (which I don't really ever check), so I just have to follow what's going on here.

I just upgraded to Blast last week... so I'm really looking forward to those 50M speeds! Big difference from the Performance package!

TheToro
Premium Member
join:2003-06-05
Atlanta, GA

TheToro to johnnn

Premium Member

to johnnn

said by johnnn:

Very excited about this. The west Ann Arbor routing topology recently changed significantly...they moved to a single xe-SUR router between here and Pontiac and speeds have already been more consistent since then. Can't wait for the new config file!

Im by washtenaw ave, still no change here. I dont think the change of route makes any difference speed wise.
we have performance, 25Mb down with power boost and then 16. what will i get after the new speed increase ?
johnnn
join:2007-01-25
Ann Arbor, MI

1 recommendation

johnnn

I'm off Stadium and experienced frequent congestion on Blast (36 down w/powerboost then 25) until they changed the route. Now I get my provisioned speeds more frequently. Looks like performance will go to 25/4 in a2, and blast will go to 50/10. Can't wait!

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by johnnn:

I'm off Stadium and experienced frequent congestion on Blast (36 down w/powerboost then 25) until they changed the route. Now I get my provisioned speeds more frequently. Looks like performance will go to 25/4 in a2, and blast will go to 50/10. Can't wait!

Yes, that is exactly what will happen. Enjoy

K3
join:2008-05-06
Kankakee, IL

K3 to egeek84

to egeek84

Its the white one that has the disc tray on top with the disc cover that slides over. It's pretty nice, 500GB too.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

1 edit

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Performance tier O_o?

DiffProbe release. January 2012. Build 1008.
Shaper Detection Module.

Connected to server 74.63.50.21.

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 2937 Kbps.
Downstream: greater than 200 Mbps.

The measurement will take upto 4.0 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: Measurement aborted due to high packet loss rate.

Downstream: Burst size: 2770-3171 KB;
Shaping rate: 22026 Kbps.

For more information, visit: »www.cc.gatech.edu/~parth ··· iffprobe

I have a feeling that my connection is just having seizures though lol.

Speedtests begin by it bursting all the way to 60 Mbps for a quick second lol.
Darknessfall

2 edits

Darknessfall to mrschultz02

Premium Member

to mrschultz02
Well I tested my connection with a download and I'm getting PB up to about 30 Mbps and all over the place with sustained about 22.

Atleast... I think...

I'm on a roller coaster with results from 22-40 Mbps with speedtests lol.

Task manager records me hitting 50 Mbps within that less than a second time lol.

TheToro
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

TheToro to johnnn

Premium Member

to johnnn

said by johnnn:

how much more blast is? it might be worth it if its only a few more bucks

Darknessfall
Premium Member

Darknessfall

Premium Member

These are the one second bursts I'm seeing on Performance lol.

It doesn't really last long enough to notice it on a download lol.

TheToro
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

TheToro

Premium Member

cool! but how much is it?

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

2 edits

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by TheToro:

Are you asking about sustained speeds?

I usually see about 22-23 Mbps I think sustained but not sure about the upload. PB is insane though right now lol. Youtube and other sites keep bursting up to 40-60 Mbps

TheToro
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

TheToro

Premium Member

said by Darknessfall:

said by TheToro:

I usually see about 22-23 Mbps I think sustained but not sure about the upload. PB is insane though right now lol. Youtube and other sites keep bursting up to 40-60 Mbps

how many $$$? lol

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by TheToro:

said by Darknessfall:

said by TheToro:

how many $$$? lol

$19.99

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2 to mrschultz02

MVM

to mrschultz02

Performance here in Bristol, CT. I've seen no ads, but today running Shaper, it seems apparent that there has been a boost in speed, as well as seeing PB disappear from the upload, but is still running on download.

If I run Xfinity or other java-based speed tests (such as Speedtest.net or Speakeasy) I get wild bursts on download that settle down to about 24Mbps.

Looks like I am actually getting 22Mbps down/4Mbps up. Prior to that Shaper always shown a 16/2 shaped connection.

DiffProbe release. January 2012. Build 1008.
Shaper Detection Module.

Connected to server 64.9.225.142.

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 4523 Kbps.
Downstream: 25475 Kbps.

The measurement will take upto 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: No shaper detected.
Median received rate: 4461 Kbps.

Downstream: Burst size: 2720-3065 KB;
Shaping rate: 22232 Kbps.

For more information, visit: »www.cc.gatech.edu/~parth ··· iffprobe

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

1 edit

Darknessfall

Premium Member

CT crazy burst high five! "High fives." I wonder if Camper got this too.

I love how shaper says my "Estimated Capacity" is "Downstream: greater than 200 Mbps"

That's not even true .

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
Bristol, CT

PeteC2

MVM

said by Darknessfall:

I wonder if Camper got this too.

Good question! Maybe he will see this and chime in.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

When you take a speed test is it showing it hitting around 50-60 Mbps for a second then it plays ping pong with itself between 22-33 Mbps?

The PB stayed partially in this test before it ended ;p.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
Bristol, CT

PeteC2

MVM

said by Darknessfall:

When you take a speed test is it showing it hitting around 50-60 Mbps for a second then it plays ping pong with itself between 22-33 Mbps?

The PB stayed partially in this test before it ended ;p.
[att=1]

Yep, even had initial bursts higher than that. Keep in mind though, that is misleading. I am happy with a jump from 16Mbps to 22Mbps in sustained speed. Don't do much uploading personally, but a real world jump from 2 to 4Mbps is nice too.

Darknessfall
Premium Member

Darknessfall

Premium Member

So where is this less than a second burst coming from? Whenever I see a download start task manager spikes to about 40 Mbps all the time.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
Bristol, CT

PeteC2

MVM

said by Darknessfall:

So where is this less than a second burst coming from? Whenever I see a download start task manager spikes to about 40 Mbps all the time.

PB. It is still showing on downstream in Shaper

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

1 edit

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by PeteC2:

said by Darknessfall:

PB. It is still showing on downstream in Shaper

So is that why it's ending so fast :P? It's bursting so high that it just cancels itself out quick?

Another thing to note: Comcast's site no longer says "with powerboost." It now just says "Up to 20 Mbps download speeds."

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

said by Darknessfall:

So is that why it's ending so fast :P? It's bursting so high that it just cancels itself out quick?

Because "uncapped" powerboost boosts at the full available speeds for the channels you're on for the first X MB of a file. If it can push 100Mpbs and it's set to 20 MB then that's only 1.6s of 100Mbps boost before it ends.

With "capped" powerboost, powerboost is limited to Y Mbps for the first X MB of a file. This smooths out the boost over time so you get a boost for longer, but it's a smaller change from your shaped rate.

Darknessfall
Premium Member

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Too bad the MB amount wasn't capped right now :/.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
Bristol, CT

1 recommendation

PeteC2

MVM

Well, since my old AT&T "Elite" dsl account was a 6Mbps line, that delivered around 5.1Mbps with an upload speed of 0.76Mbps for only a few bucks less, I will not complain about 22/4.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

1 recommendation

pflog

MVM

said by PeteC2:

Well, since my old AT&T "Elite" dsl account was a 6Mbps line, that delivered around 5.1Mbps with an upload speed of 0.76Mbps for only a few bucks less, I will not complain about 22/4.

Kind of the opposite for me, though this was years ago

Try going from 25/25 business FiOS to 22/5 business Comcast (back in early 2010). That was painful! Although the FiOS was $30/mo more, it was well worth it for the upload speeds.

Darknessfall
Premium Member

Darknessfall to PeteC2

Premium Member

to PeteC2
3/1 U-verse which gave about 3.2/1 for about $38
vs
22/4 for $19.99