I did. No luck.

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1
reply to mrschultz02
Well, still no speed increases up here in the Ukiah, CA area (Ukiah CMTS) as of this evening. I take it this is an area by area rollout?

priuscat

join:2013-03-01
Clawson, MI
reply to relish
reboot your modem already! lol

rugby
I think I know it all.
VIP
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN
reply to mrschultz02
Okay, I just signed up 2 weeks ago for Extreme 50/15 for $99.95 and now that's not even a tier for me anymore according to:

»wwwb.comcast.com/internet-service.html

I see Blast 50/10 for $74.95 or Extreme 105/20 for $114.95.

So, what will my provisioned speed change to? Or will it change at all? I'd much rather stick on the 50/15 for $99.95 than be downgraded for cheaper or upgraded for more $$.

relish

join:2009-07-21
Sterling Heights, MI
reply to priuscat
said by priuscat:

Checked Comcast website. Still has Blast at 30mbps

Sterling Heights must be ahead of the game then!

priuscat

Clawson, MI
reply to relish
Blast!®
Get download speeds up to 30 Mbps and upload speeds up to 6 Mbps with PowerBoost®.

Stream TV shows, download movies, and connect multiple devices – at blazing fast speeds.
Constant Guard® – The most comprehensive online protection of any major Internet provider at home and now on your mobile devices.
XFINITY Connect with 7 e-mail accounts, each with 10GB of storage.
Backed by the 30-Day Money-Back Comcast Customer Guarantee.

This price is for customers who currently subscribe to XFINITY Digital TV or XFINITY Voice® service.

Minimum System Requirements
Details and Restrictions
Learn More

$61.95 per month

Shinrin

join:2013-02-28
Gadsden, AL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to relish
said by relish:

I advise everyone to check out the shopping information from the Comcast web site. I haven't rebooted my modem yet, but for me, 25mb isn't even advertised anymore.

According to the billing department, Blast is officially 50mbps NOW! See what it is for yourself! However, this wouldn't be the first time the billing/marketing departments have jumped the gun.

[att=1]

Yeah I saw this for my area as well (Gadsden, AL) yesterday it was 30, but the discription said 50 XD.

Also still says powerboost on it.

priuscat

Clawson, MI
reply to relish
Checked Comcast website. Still has Blast at 30mbps

relish

Sterling Heights, MI
reply to Gerard1234
said by Gerard1234:

Just got my increase 15 minutes ago.

Your post is useless if you don't say where you're from...

Gerard1234

join:2012-04-03

1 edit
reply to priuscat
Just got my increase 15 minutes ago.
Hazel Park

priuscat

Clawson, MI
reply to relish
I'm in Clawson. Talked to Comcast tech. today found out I need Docis 3.0 modem. Also found out speed increase to 50mpbs will happen tomorrow. The cost to get 105mbps will be an extra $38.00 a month, forgot when that will take place though. The 305mbps will cost an extra $135.00 a month with an installation fee of $249.00 Tech is coming out tomorrow to install new modem.

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium
join:2002-06-22
kudos:2
reply to mrschultz02
Woot! Live here in Bloomington, IL for Blast!

ReignOfRain

join:2012-11-02
West Palm Beach, FL
reply to relish
My zip code shows blast as 50 now but I don't have the updates

Dumaine

join:2010-12-05
Detroit, MI
reply to relish
I used your link and changed zip to mine......also logged in to my account.......no changes as of yet

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to relish
I looked at the offerings and saw what they had to say about the Performance package I have which is 16/2 continuous, but temporarily higher with Power Boost, ~25/4.

They offering says "up to" 20/4. But when I look at the "Details and Restrictions" link, they still mention Power Boost and explain it fully.

As of today they haven't boosted me to 20/4 and eliminated the Power Boost.

Cheese
Premium
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL
kudos:1
reply to relish
No different on my end...

relish

Sterling Heights, MI
reply to utcappy
I advise everyone to check out the shopping information from the Comcast web site. I haven't rebooted my modem yet, but for me, 25mb isn't even advertised anymore.

According to the billing department, Blast is officially 50mbps NOW! See what it is for yourself! However, this wouldn't be the first time the billing/marketing departments have jumped the gun.

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to PeteC2
said by PeteC2:

said by pflog:

Weird, you're getting powerboost.

I think the whole "getting rid of powerboost" was a misnomer. I'm seeing more and more capped powerboost not "no powerboost". Perhaps that's what it was really about.

If so, that sucks. A lot. The short extremely high burst was useful. This extra 7 Mbps (27 to 34) I get is worthless. But at least you're getting boost from 50 to 100.

Funny, as Darknessfall might also confirm, when our performance speeds her in CT went up (officially 20/4, but more like 22/4.5) the PB for upload went away entirely, however, the PB on download changed to a big initial boost, then it falls off, as one would expect. It was more like what you are describing now previously in our area.

Oh yes... the boost...

210 Mbps doesn't last too long when blocked by a PB cap :P. It lasts so short that you barely notice it. When watching Youtube videos, you just see random super high spikes when it jumps to another load lol. I actually hit a 70Mbps + average Youtube download speed one day a couple days ago due to the bursts lol.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3
reply to netcool
said by netcool:

said by ExoticFish:

I don't think rebooting the modem is going to be necessary to see the speed increase as it's done via the CMTS. Config files are staying the same.

You still need to reset your modem to pick up the speeds. Your cable modem negotiates the speed settings upon registration only. So to pick up any changes that were made to the CMTS you will need to reboot.

Ah thanks, that's where my misunderstanding came in. I knew in the past a reboot was necessary and just assumed it was re-pulling a boot file.
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA
reply to netcool
Oh okay, thanks for correcting.

netcool
Premium,VIP
join:2008-11-05
Englewood, CO
kudos:108
reply to ExoticFish
said by ExoticFish:

I don't think rebooting the modem is going to be necessary to see the speed increase as it's done via the CMTS. Config files are staying the same.

You still need to reset your modem to pick up the speeds. Your cable modem negotiates the speed settings upon registration only. So to pick up any changes that were made to the CMTS you will need to reboot.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to pflog
said by pflog:

Weird, you're getting powerboost.

I think the whole "getting rid of powerboost" was a misnomer. I'm seeing more and more capped powerboost not "no powerboost". Perhaps that's what it was really about.

If so, that sucks. A lot. The short extremely high burst was useful. This extra 7 Mbps (27 to 34) I get is worthless. But at least you're getting boost from 50 to 100.

Funny, as Darknessfall might also confirm, when our performance speeds her in CT went up (officially 20/4, but more like 22/4.5) the PB for upload went away entirely, however, the PB on download changed to a big initial boost, then it falls off, as one would expect. It was more like what you are describing now previously in our area.
--
Deeds, not words

kromix

join:2013-03-04
Miami, FL

1 edit
reply to pflog
said by pflog:

Your modem must have rebooted overnight then. boot files are necessary for speed profile changes, so while you didn't explicitly reboot the modem, it must have happened.

This is simply not true. This is how it worked in the past, presently Comcast no longer requires Boot File changes to control speed increases. This is now done on the CMTS, the boot file connects your account to your billing speed tier, but not to the actual data throughput. They will just update on their end the Speed for your tier and you will automagically see the increase without any new config files.

Find someone who's had the speed increase and has some fancy new bootfile.

aabaaf

join:2011-12-09
Lombard, IL
reply to mrschultz02
Also unsure how to quote articles from the main page, but there is an article there outlining how and when/where Comcast is doing the upgrades. The last sentence mentions when those on Performance will be upgraded, which as it says is April/May.

AMD64Blondie

join:2007-08-17
Portland, OR
reply to mrschultz02
Still no speed increase here in downtown Portland,OR.
(I'm on Blast Plus-up to 30 Mbps download.)

(as of 6:25 AM PST on 3-5-2013).

mbohl1

@comcast.net
reply to acadiel
Springfield, Il: I now have 55 down and 10.9 up

mario02423

join:2004-06-09
Berwyn, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to pflog
said by pflog:

boot files are necessary for speed profile changes, so while you didn't explicitly reboot the modem, it must have happened.

News to me, EG See Profile said that the CMTS will store the configuration information on some modems, so a new boot file isn't necessary, just updated information from the CMTS. This way "Blast!" configs stay as "Blast!", et al, without Comcast technicians getting all confused. I'd assume those settings are refreshed when the modem cycles, but perhaps not.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3
reply to jkj860
said by jkj860:

I never got an email and I didnt have to reboot my modem FYI. The upgrade happened for me overnight last night.

Your modem must have rebooted overnight then. boot files are necessary for speed profile changes, so while you didn't explicitly reboot the modem, it must have happened.
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates