Search similar:

uniqs

michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru

Premium Member

It's a shame really coming from a company like Google. I wonder what was they're reasoning if they had any.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

Lets see, they just finally became and ISP AND a TV provider, Maybe their plans ARE to expand further than 2 cities.
gaforces (banned)
United We Stand, Divided We Fall
join:2002-04-07
Santa Cruz, CA

gaforces (banned) to michieru

to michieru
It's a business, they will embrace net neutrality when its in thier best interest, and shun it if it isnt.
They have to grease the pipes to enter new markets. Thats how business is done in these emerging nations. The chinese and russians are probly bidding to do the same.
Knowledge is power, hearts and minds, and Google is the one to give it to them.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to michieru

Mod

to michieru
When Googled switched from an innovator to an advertiser... it started rolling down hill.

Current CEO is to blame.

michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru to gaforces

Premium Member

to gaforces
It's within Google's best interest for net neutrality even if they became a TV provider and ISP as ITALIAN926 See Profile states.

If a particular country did not have internet/Google I can also understand by greasing up the pipes for a new start-up business that is providing internet.

However this is the French who had Google before, and now want Google to pay for hyperlinks. I am sure Google and anyone else would say go screw yourself. So what I am wondering is what did the French tell Google for it's to accept the fee and go against it's principals. Google to pay for the content it indexes will also be Google's death. Which makes their business model not make any sense.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

1 edit

tshirt to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
said by Mike:

When Googled switched from an innovator to an advertiser... it started rolling down hill.

Current CEO is to blame.

Very sarcastic or you haven't been paying attention
Google Inc. has always been an advertiser
And the current CEO, invented google

Sort of like saying Steve Jobs didn't understand Apple computers.

The difference is Page in early 1998 wrote a paper decrying web advertisements and by incorporation in sept.1998 had already sold text ads "to support the service" which rapidly ramped the money machine we see today.
To think page and Brin didn't hope to monetize Google (at first thru academia) and haven't learned a bit about running a for profit business in the mean time is silly.
Evil is in the eye of the beholder.

tmh
@comcastbusiness.net

tmh

Anon

said by tshirt:

To think page and Brin didn't hope to monetize Google (at first thru academia) and haven't learned a bit about running a for profit business in the mean time is silly.
Evil is in the eye of the beholder.

Sounds like running a for-profit business means you learn to eat your own young.

Just like in politics.