uniqs

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to RolteC

Premium Member

to RolteC

Re: [Northeast] High pings / bad routing...

said by RolteC:

Really Verizon? NYC based routers are now 100ms just off Alter.net.

Same for Alter to Cablevision/Lightpath. Garbage.

Honestly, its everything from Alter.net to the rest of the world thats affected in some way, some routes worse than others.

What you you suggest Verizon do ? the tracert clearly shows its a sprint network that is increasing the reported ping time.

Verizon doesn't pick the path to the host, the host ( or its ISP ) broadcasts that path to it to take
serge87
join:2009-11-29
New York

serge87

said by guppy_fish:

said by RolteC:

Really Verizon? NYC based routers are now 100ms just off Alter.net.

Same for Alter to Cablevision/Lightpath. Garbage.

Honestly, its everything from Alter.net to the rest of the world thats affected in some way, some routes worse than others.

What you you suggest Verizon do ? the tracert clearly shows its a sprint network that is increasing the reported ping time.

Verizon doesn't pick the path to the host, the host ( or its ISP ) broadcasts that path to it to take

Agreed. Up to hop 7 looks good(VZ network) from hop 8 and on it's all due to Qwest's network itself or the peering arrangement between VZ and Qwest not being sufficient enough. This is a good example of when Verizon is not the blame here.
Xtreme2damax
join:2007-03-21
Port Byron, NY

1 edit

Xtreme2damax to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
Just a question, is my issue a Verizon issue or an issue with the server I play on and it's isp? My traceroute is on the last page, it is showing me being routed to Culpeper, VA and back up to NY which gives me a ping of around 80ms - 100ms to this particular server in NY.

The issue appears to be isolated to this one server or it's host. My ping to other NY/NJ servers is around 20ms but I am pinging close to 100 on this one server.