Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to TOPDAWG

Premium Member

to TOPDAWG

Re: Futureshop/Bestbuy abruptly shut down a dozen stores

said by TOPDAWG:

I hated offering that shit to people when I worked there. You're also to never call it a warranty it's called a protection plan. I mean some of the warranty's were pretty good but forking %25 of the cost of the item half the time.

I get a kick how they advertise so many products that have a 3 year manufacturer's warranty as having a 1 year warranty and selling a 3 year warranty to people. I blow my top every time I see that.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

1 edit

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

well the worst is the whole well your PC is not ready when you take it home. we can do your updates and shit for you just pay us 80 bucks. That made me so god damn mad and it blew me away people were happy to pay for it then say what a great serve it was.

It also did not help you were tiring to forking update 10 damn pc's and laptops at once and the forking network we had was 5 down for the whole store.

cause I'm bored here is more stores. Exp best buy you don't get commission so we were told to tell people that and say other stores they're commissioned based. People liked that idea cause it tells them you're not tiring to sell them shit just to make money but really you still were doing that anyway. So you have your two stores attacking each other tiring to get sales in the store you happen to be in at the time as the managers in whatever store don't give a shit long as they meet their stores numbers.

I think the worst over sell I've ever seen and it upset me bad. I was working for an ISP and sometimes if someone had an internet issue they would let us look at the person PC or laptop for free.

So I go downstairs meet the guy find out his issue. OK I see you can tell he had a stroke as he could barely move his hands. So I look at this laptop that was lift and man it's a forking sweet laptop. It was like an HT laptop it had great specs and one of those volume bars on it where you run your finger over it to turn it up and down. The guy also lift his router and crap so hell being the nice guy I am and I would have been fried for this but being as I saw he had so many health issues and did not understand tech I did not care I set-up everything for him went into the router and everything and fixed all his setting and set-up the wireless.

So I got his all going and he came to pick this thing up I asked him what do you use this for he said just to send email and the internet. I then asked oh it's a nice laptop where you get it. He said future shop now in my mind I'm cussing up a storm cause someone sold this guy a laptop that was at least 800 bucks when one for like $400 would have been more then enough for him.

It pisses me off when someone takes advintage of a person like that. Best buy futureshop they all pull that crap so while I hate for folks to lose their jobs both company's can burn.