spc
uniqs
Pringlescan
join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA

Pringlescan to JimRPh

to JimRPh

Re: [FL] Goodbye Mediacom - It's been a lousy 34.5 years of Cabl

You'll be back once you realize AT&T is 100x worse to it's customers.

JimRPh
Premium Member
join:2009-08-25
Gulf Breeze, FL

1 recommendation

JimRPh

Premium Member

Are they worse than cutting my cable without telling me when my lines "apparently" produced some noise?

Are they worse than showing up without all the ordered equipment? That's happened multiple times over the years.

Are they worse than when Mediacom contractors ran a cable over the roof of my neighbors house to get to the back room?

Are they worse than trading a bad modem for a good one?

I suppose the scheduling could be worse based on what I've read.

I expect to be able to record fewer shows based on what I've heard. It's not necessarily a better choice, but it's a choice I feel I've been pushed into making.

Just how many times can I, or anyone, justify letting Mediacom do wrong by me before at least trying someone else?

Believe me, I was not wanting to change based on what I've heard about Uverse, Satellite, or DSL alternatives. However, this latest offense was just too much, especially when I wasted my day and the moron installer went to the wrong house. Then they could not even re-schedule for the next day, and I have Jury Duty next week making any future scheduling uncertain.

I received an apologetic call from the Mediacom's scheduling office today, but with no offer or alternative to resolve the error.

All I can imagine doing now is changing, and voicing my concerns to the BBB, FCC, and my county, state and federal reps. I know my experience alone won't move them to action, but I suspect I'm far from alone. Only by speaking up can we be heard above the lobbyists.

You may be right that I'll want to come back, but why pay a premium for punishment? I've got several alternatives I can try while hoping better options will become available.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Pringlescan

MVM

to Pringlescan
said by Pringlescan:

You'll be back once you realize AT&T is 100x worse to it's customers.

Eh? More like six of this and half a dozen of that.