StillLearn
Premium
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

2 edits

[Anveo] Anveo Contacts CSV

What is the format of the CSV that Anveo will accept for import? If I knew how to export the contacts to CSV, I could use that as an example.

»support.google.com/mail/bin/answ···er=12119 is a description for Google's format, although I expect that is pretty incomplete.

Dan_voip

join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Export the contacts you already have to Excel, open the file and save it as CSV and that will see the format.
Basically it's exactly the order you see on the contact page:

Group,first,last,company...

StillLearn
Premium
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

Thank you Dan, but I did not find how to export my contacts from Anveo. How do you do that? I have been doing some testing, and here are things I think I learned in using "Contacts">"Import Contacts from CSV""

1. Does not matter what order the columns are in.

2. The importer provides drop down list for each column. Default is "Ignore this column. For each column you will want imported, you must identify each time that you import.

3. You do not need a Contact Group column. You will need to select the contact group manually for each import as you select the file. You cannot have GENERAL and BLACKLIST items in the same CSV.

4. Do not use a separate country col, but instead make 1st digit 1 for US, CA. Do not use hyphens or spaces between digits. During import process, the blue NEXT button is above entries.

5. Top line in the does not get automatically ignored, and headings may be thought to be entry. There is a way to get a line ignored by unchecking All, and then manually checking the checkbox in front of each entry row except for the heading row.

6. If you have entries already, the import will duplicate the entries. So either the CSV would only have the new entries, or you should delete the entry from the web page.

7. Notes is a choice in the drop-down list even though there is not a notes column displayed by default on the contacts page. found no effect from importing a Notes column.

I don't know the actual effect of an extension in the contacts list, unless it serves as a note.

Dan_voip

join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Click for full size
To export contacts go to Contact menu and select Contacts. You have to use the button Export to Excel.
I never imported from CSV I just told you what I was thinking it's logical but your observations are right on.

snevl
Premium
join:2002-12-15
Aurora, CO

Just FYI, the Export to Excel has been broken for some time. It writes out a file, but it appears to be just some HTML capture, not readable by Excel.

Steve

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Cyberspace
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
·callwithus
·Callcentric

1 edit

said by snevl:

Just FYI, the Export to Excel has been broken for some time. It writes out a file, but it appears to be just some HTML capture, not readable by Excel.

I don't think it is broken. I just tested by exporting my Contacts using the "Export to Excel" feature and I can open the file without any problems.
--
My VoIP News

DoctorStinky

join:2011-11-10
Brunswick, ME
reply to snevl

Most likely it's the newer XML-based format that Microsoft adopted with Excel 2007 and above.

snevl
Premium
Aurora, CO
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Arne Bolen

said by Arne Bolen:

said by snevl:

I don't think it is broken. I just tested by exporting my Contacts using the "Export to Excel" feature and I can open the file without any problems.

Well, that's interesting. When I click on it Excel (2007) has an error pop-up that the file is not of a recognized format or something like that.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Cyberspace
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
·callwithus
·Callcentric

said by snevl:

Well, that's interesting. When I click on it Excel (2007) has an error pop-up that the file is not of a recognized format or something like that.

Libre Office, which I use, can open the Excel file without any problems.
--
My VoIP News

snevl
Premium
Aurora, CO
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Arne Bolen:

said by snevl:

Libre Office, which I use, can open the Excel file without any problems.

Well, since it says Excel, I would think that it should work with Excel as well. It doesn't.

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Anveo
·VMedia

said by snevl:

Well, since it says Excel, I would think that it should work with Excel as well. It doesn't.

Yes, it does, just click the button to open it anyway.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 11.0.2 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI

StillLearn
Premium
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest
reply to Dan_voip

said by Dan_voip:

To export contacts go to Contact menu and select Contacts. You have to use the button Export to Excel.
I never imported from CSV I just told you what I was thinking it's logical but your observations are right on.

POP! How could I have missed it? Thanks. opens fine.

For input from CSV, it turns out. that it will accept not only the number format in the CSV, but will accept an 11-digit number with no plus sign also.

Thanks again.

snevl
Premium
Aurora, CO
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to grand total

said by grand total:

said by snevl:

Yes, it does, just click the button to open it anyway.

Good grief - My bad! I could have sworn I tried it, but I guess I didn't. You are right, it does open. I guess it would be better if they could fix the export so that it didn't generate the error, but I am sorry I indicated it doesn't work.

Steve