spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

openmike79

join:2013-01-26

[Internet] Motorola SBG6580 Modem Keeps Reverting 2 Defaults

We have a Motorola SBG6580 modem from Bright House at our office that I would like to use instead of our current wireless router. I need to setup port forwarding so that we can access one of our workstations remotely, and I also wanted to change the SSID and wireless key. I was unable to login using the default username and password (u: admin, p: motorola). So, I reset the modem to the factory defaults. I was then able to log into the modem and make the appropriate changes. However, after about 10 minutes the wifi stopped broadcasting. When I tried to log back into the modem to see what was going on, the default username and password no longer worked. I then had to reset the modem again to get back in, I made all the changes again, but then the same thing happens after a few minutes. The wifi stops broadcasting the the admin login no longer works. WTF?

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House

You will need to have BHN give you the username and password to login and make changes or to unlock settings.
Please open a direct forums post and include your current IP address so BHNTechXpert can take a look at your account and your configuration
»Bright House Networks Direct
I've used the SBG6580 before and had BHN unlock and take me out of Bridge Mode, when my own wireless router died. I Tried to use the SBG6580 for the wireless until i got a wireless router replacement from newegg. Anyways I was very disappointed with the wireless signal strength and speed with the SBG6580.I Literally had to be within 3 feet of the SBG6580 to get all the signal bars and get the high speed.
--
Taft CA Bright House Customer Since 2003 Lightning 60/5

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:139
reply to openmike79

Mike we auto configure the login remotely. I can provide you with the correct login just open the direct thread as suggested above.

Andy

@bhn.net

I basically have the same problem, but can't even log into the Residential Gateway to the SBG6580.
I have reset the modem with the pin button held in while powered on for 60 sec. I now have an OPEN TO ALL connection named:
BHNSBG6580010C

I went to: 192.168.0.1
and entered user: admin
""""""""""Password: motorola

answer back: The user name or password is invalid, please try again.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:139

said by Andy6:

I basically have the same problem, but can't even log into the Residential Gateway to the SBG6580.
I have reset the modem with the pin button held in while powered on for 60 sec. I now have an OPEN TO ALL connection named:
BHNSBG6580010C

I went to: 192.168.0.1
and entered user: admin
""""""""""Password: motorola

answer back: The user name or password is invalid, please try again.

You have already posted a new thread on this so I will answer on that one only.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~