spc
Search similar:

uniqs
redgrandam
join:2010-08-10
London, ON

redgrandam

Looking for a rural intenet provider SW Ontario

Does anyone know of a wireless internet provider just south of London ON (postal code N6N 1N6). I'm having no luck with companies I've tried and are pretty much out of options.

Start.ca covers my area, but we are in a dead zone.
Xplornet seems to be a huge rip off (but so far is our only option).

Any ideas!!?? Thanks!!

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak

Premium Member

Yea There is one there but damned if I can remember who it was.
redgrandam
London, ON

redgrandam

I figure there has to be one. Just none that I can find can help! Lol

Execulink is out, same with falcon for now, if you were thinking of either of them.

GM85
Click, Click
join:2002-07-02
Canada

GM85 to redgrandam

to redgrandam
I have a coworker who lives off Talbot Line / Hwy 3. He had wireless through AmTelecom (Aylmer), however it looks like they were aqcuired by EastLink.

Might want to give them a shot.
redgrandam
London, ON

redgrandam

said by GM85:

I have a coworker who lives off Talbot Line / Hwy 3. He had wireless through AmTelecom (Aylmer), however it looks like they were aqcuired by EastLink.

Might want to give them a shot.

Thanks. I've emailed them, it looks like they only do that in Nova Scotia now, but I might be missing it on their site.

Someone told me there was a company out of belmont, which has changed names possibly, but I can't find any company from there online.

Thanks for any more ideas

GM85
Click, Click
join:2002-07-02
Canada

GM85 to redgrandam

to redgrandam
We use execulink for our provider at work. We needed a high speed line and one of the options mentioned was wireless. We ended up going with fiber, however i remember that they mentioned two nearby wireless towers were One London Place, as well as one of the Tricar buildings at southdale / wonderland.

Did execulink come back and say it wasn't feasable? it looks like their coverage map covers your area ( »www.execulink.ca/index.p ··· 207/407/ ).

Another option would be Terago, however i'm unsure if they have residental options.
redgrandam
London, ON

redgrandam

Thanks for the link to their coverage map. I've now emailed them, we are within a big green circle. I couldn't find that map on their site before but their postal code checker said we had no service here. Hopefully they will come back with some good news!!

Thanks!