plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
reply to NetFixer

Re: [IPv6] Lost my IPv6 IP again....

said by NetFixer:

You do know what beta test software is, don't you?

Yes I do! The joys of running beta software.

I did go back and look at the crash log, and saw the same thing you did.

So, I'll submit it to the developers, and then look at maybe upgrading to a newer version of the Beta in the near future. Looks like they make an updated build at least once a day.

I'll also reboot the PFSense box later tonight. I have a feeling that will fix the issue until it happens again.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

NetDog
Premium,VIP
join:2002-03-04
Parker, CO
kudos:79
Posting to keep track of the thread, ping me if you want me to check anything on the CMTS side..

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
A little bit ago, I rebooted my PFSense box.

Here is where I'm now at.

First, the status of my WAN_DHCP6 gateway is now showing online. the gateway listed is the same as it was before: fe80::201:5cff:fe3d:4e41

However, things still don't work. When I look at my interfaces screen, a few things are missing.

On the WAN interface (rl0) I used to have the following show up, and it does not any more

IPv6 address: 2001:558:6033:ad:176:75ee:c24b:3d49
Subnet mask IPv6: 128

On the LAN interface (xl0) I used to have the following show up, and it does not any more

IPv6 address: 2601:d:4c00:17:250:4ff:fe21:713d
Subnet mask IPv6: 64

The rest of the information that was present matches what I had back on 01/06/2013.

So, not sure if I need to reboot my cable modem as well, or if there is something else going on.

NetDog See Profile, I've PM'ed you my cable modem info so you can check things on the CMTS side, in case something may have changed there.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail