Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

A folder suggestion.

HI!

I am looking for new folder machine options. Please note, my finances are incredibly tight. But I would like a machine that can deliver at least what my former PS3 was able to (900-1000pts a day) Any ideas?
Also take into power consumption.
----

Thanks!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

Build a system with an good nVidia graphics card. It doesn't have to the the latest, you could even buy a used one, I bought a refurb I think it was, it was cheap.

Have to head out to work, but maybe in the hardware forum people can suggest a total build for you, and I will join in.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

OSIU
Where is my "change"?
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Nowhere
Reviews:
·Armstrong Zoom ..
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Dominokat

I second signmeuptoo See Profile's comment. Build something with a decent NVIDIA graphics card. My video card recently died and I bought a 400 series card (I forget which one) for $50ish dollars and it has boosted my ppd by 5000-6000.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2

Thanks! I'll look into the cost of building. Its been awhile since I built my own computer. Like maybe late 90s or early 2000's