spc
uniqs

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert

Re: [Internet] Internet Speed Upgrades?

Gary, just curious, how frequently does the modem check for config updates?

Or does it only check when it goes offline then comes back up? We had a bunch of biz-class locations on Lightning drop offline overnight a few nights ago during what appeared to be system maintenance (all across the county, from New Port Richey to Zephyrhills, I got WhatsUp alerts for all of them) and the next morning they were all screaming at 80 Mbps downstream.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by rebus9:

Or does it only check when it goes offline then comes back up? We had a bunch of biz-class locations on Lightning drop offline overnight a few nights ago during what appeared to be system maintenance (all across the county, from New Port Richey to Zephyrhills, I got WhatsUp alerts for all of them) and the next morning they were all screaming at 80 Mbps downstream.

When we do updates as in your case we will force a modem reboot at some point to pull the new bin file hence the reason you observed the reboots. Did your pager go nuts on you in the middle of the night...sorry. Been there done that...the phone goes off when I go to bed...shy of the world coming to end it can wait until morning.

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18

bigdaddy to rebus9

to rebus9
Click for full size
said by rebus9:

Rebus how many channel's get bonded on those biz-class modems to achieve 80Mbps down ? I just noticed that my modem now bond's six channels now for my 60Mbps, are those biz-class modems bonding 8 channels hence the 10Mbps per QAM256 to get 80Mpbs ? Could you post some screen capture's.

Flashfox
Eco-Text -- Why print E-mails?
join:2003-10-01
Carlsbad, CA

Flashfox

Click for full size
FWIW, I was just upgraded to the new 60 Mbps Lightning and I still only see 4 channels which are bonded.

samw
Are you sure? If not check again
Premium Member
join:2009-11-23
Lakeland, FL

1 recommendation

samw to bigdaddy

Premium Member

to bigdaddy
I think your modem is just *special*.

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18