how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CentralNY

@verizon.net
reply to celticpride

Re: Free HBO- is this for real?

Thanks for posting. I turned off pop-ups on my sets but see that HBO is now working on our sets.

RX300

join:2004-02-23
Bluff Dale, TX
reply to Surprised
Now try for HBO Go.

ohernan

join:2011-02-06
Dedham, MA
reply to CentralNY
OK, to clarify when I turned off POP-UPS, I was able to watch the free HBO. I live in Massachusetts.

nowayout

join:2009-06-22
Allentown, PA
reply to Surprised
I wonder how they are picking customers for this? I haven't gotten it here in vho8.

vircotto

join:2002-06-04
searching...
reply to Surprised
FWIW, I just received an email from VZ that clears up a couple of the questions. (Emphasis added by me.)

Thank you for being a loyal FiOS® TV customer! As a token of our appreciation, we are now including HBO® in your FiOS® TV programming package until the end of May. There is no additional cost to you and no action is required.

Simply tune to channel 899 HD (400 SD) to start watching the best Hollywood movies and award-winning original programming. We will automatically remove it for you after May 31, 2013.

Please enjoy the best programming FiOS® has to offer and let us know by the end of May if you want to keep watching HBO®.

Sincerely,

Arturo Picicci
Director, Customer Relationship Marketing

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
said by vircotto:

FWIW, I just received an email from VZ that clears up a couple of the questions. (Emphasis added by me.)

Was this an unsolicited email?

vircotto

searching...
said by bohratom:

said by vircotto:

Was this an unsolicited email?

Yup.

daghis
Premium
join:2004-07-22
Canonsburg, PA
reply to RX300
I got the e-mail as well (Pittsburgh area) and confirmed that all of my HD HBO channels are on. I'm otherwise just a local channels subscriber.

said by RX300:

Now try for HBO Go.

No go on HBO GO. It says that I need to subscribe to HBO.

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA
reply to aztecnology
said by aztecnology:

I got the same pop up message for free HBO on both of my boxes, so now I'm enjoying HBO until the end of May.

It just gave you the option to choose 'ok', i didn't choose on either box, I just changed the channel, then changed to one of the HBO channels and sure enough there it was...

I got my email today as well...
--
.:|:. aztec being aztec...™

bbslasher

@lightower.net
No luck in Westchester county in NY. Tried last night

tongyang

join:2003-07-18
Alexandria, VA
reply to aztecnology
I got my email, but when I check HBO it still asks me to subscribe...

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-24
here
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Surprised
I just received yet ANOTHER phone call trying to get me to subscribe to HBO I repeated that we were not interested and to please quit calling us about it. He said he'd remove our account # from his list and hung up before I got the chance to say anything else.

ChadH

@myvzw.com
I'm also in the Pittsburgh area and received the email from them yesterday. I have all the HBO channels now.

cmthru

join:2005-03-19
Rockville, MD
reply to Surprised
Just to update my previous post (Feb 2). My free HBO got cut off a few hours ago. :-( Never got charged for it.

Hosehead

join:2005-01-26
Camp Hill, PA
reply to Surprised
No love here in Harrisburg yet. Bummer.
--
Wormleysburg, PA

dmine45

join:2002-11-03
Fredericksburg, VA
reply to Surprised
No love in DC metro either. Bummer.

FiosNe

@verizon.net
reply to vircotto
I received the same email last week. I wish they send out the email before they turned on the service.

I do not trust them, so I need to watch for this item on the June bill.

c17chief

join:2001-12-27
Bordentown, NJ
reply to nowayout
said by nowayout:

I wonder how they are picking customers for this? I haven't gotten it here in vho8.

I am in VHO8 as well and I got it.

Untill a couple days ago, I have been out of town since the beginning of the year. Just happened to notice an email about this late January. When I got home, sure enough, HBO is on.

I looked into the terms when I saw the email...like many others, I was thinking great, they took it upon themselves to turn on a trail on my account, for which I will have to cancel before getting billed. However, in the terms, it explicitly said it will automaticly be turned off on may 31, no action necessary, will not be billed, etc....so we'll see what happens. Looks good to me, although pretty evident it's probly got an ulterior motive as more as a trial in hopes people will keep it then it is a gift for being a good subscriber. Either way, I'm def not compaining.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
said by c17chief:

I am in VHO8 as well and I got it.

Do you also receive complimentary Showtime?

Im in VHO7 and Showtime is included free for the area due to competition. I would doubt they would give this 3 month freebee to anyone that already has a free premium included.

freyder
Premium
join:2001-02-15
Plano, TX
reply to Surprised
FWIW, I got the email as well and while I did see the message on my Tivo I do not have HBO on 899.

The Tivo shows the "contact your provider" message when I tune to 899.
The HD HomeRun Prime does not list 899 as one of the channels that I receive.

ohernan

join:2011-02-06
Dedham, MA
said by freyder:

FWIW, I got the email as well and while I did see the message on my Tivo I do not have HBO on 899.

The HD HomeRun Prime does not list 899 as one of the channels that I receive.

Try turning off pop-ups in the cable box settings and see if you get channel 899 then.

freyder
Premium
Plano, TX
I don't have a cable box.. just a Tivo.. no popup setting there that I could find.

ronsc1985

join:2004-07-07
Manassas, VA
reply to Surprised
I've had it for a few weeks now in VH04. All the HBO channels are unblocked not just 899 as is HBO on demand.

vircotto

searching...
As of this morning, my service went from just the one channel unblocked to all of the HBO channels. I have received no communications indicating the reason for this change.

daghis
Premium
join:2004-07-22
Canonsburg, PA
reply to freyder
said by freyder:

Is your CableCARD properly paired with your TiVo? HBO is one of the few channels that requires the CableCARD to be paired with the box.

There's a test channel that you can check for pairing issues, but I don't recall what it is. Perhaps someone else has a better memory than I do.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
Channel 131 is the FiOS Help channel. If the CableCARD isn't properly paired with the host device, channel 131 will display the CableCARD pairing menu...

freyder
Premium
Plano, TX
reply to daghis
channel 131 shows the typical help videos for using the system. No pairing menu there.

All HBO channels say to contact your provider.

The online "My Verizon" service says I should have the service so I guess I'll have to call them get it resolved.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
You have an account issue, not a CableCARD pairing issue.