Search similar:

uniqs
tongyang
join:2003-07-18
Alexandria, VA

tongyang to aztecnology

to aztecnology

Re: Free HBO- is this for real?

I got my email, but when I check HBO it still asks me to subscribe...

somebodeez
MVM
join:2001-09-24
here

somebodeez to Surprised

MVM

to Surprised
I just received yet ANOTHER phone call trying to get me to subscribe to HBO I repeated that we were not interested and to please quit calling us about it. He said he'd remove our account # from his list and hung up before I got the chance to say anything else.

ChadH
@myvzw.com

ChadH

Anon

I'm also in the Pittsburgh area and received the email from them yesterday. I have all the HBO channels now.
cmthru
join:2005-03-19
Germantown, MD

cmthru to Surprised

to Surprised
Just to update my previous post (Feb 2). My free HBO got cut off a few hours ago. :-( Never got charged for it.

Hosehead
join:2005-01-26
Camp Hill, PA

Hosehead to Surprised

to Surprised
No love here in Harrisburg yet. Bummer.
dmine45
join:2002-11-03
Fredericksburg, VA

dmine45 to Surprised

to Surprised
No love in DC metro either. Bummer.

FiosNe
@verizon.net

FiosNe to vircotto

Anon

to vircotto
I received the same email last week. I wish they send out the email before they turned on the service.

I do not trust them, so I need to watch for this item on the June bill.
c17chief
join:2001-12-27
Lake Jackson, TX

c17chief to nowayout

to nowayout
said by nowayout:

I wonder how they are picking customers for this? I haven't gotten it here in vho8.

I am in VHO8 as well and I got it.

Untill a couple days ago, I have been out of town since the beginning of the year. Just happened to notice an email about this late January. When I got home, sure enough, HBO is on.

I looked into the terms when I saw the email...like many others, I was thinking great, they took it upon themselves to turn on a trail on my account, for which I will have to cancel before getting billed. However, in the terms, it explicitly said it will automaticly be turned off on may 31, no action necessary, will not be billed, etc....so we'll see what happens. Looks good to me, although pretty evident it's probly got an ulterior motive as more as a trial in hopes people will keep it then it is a gift for being a good subscriber. Either way, I'm def not compaining.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by c17chief:

I am in VHO8 as well and I got it.

Do you also receive complimentary Showtime?

Im in VHO7 and Showtime is included free for the area due to competition. I would doubt they would give this 3 month freebee to anyone that already has a free premium included.

chilihead
Premium Member
join:2001-02-15
Plano, TX

chilihead to Surprised

Premium Member

to Surprised
FWIW, I got the email as well and while I did see the message on my Tivo I do not have HBO on 899.

The Tivo shows the "contact your provider" message when I tune to 899.
The HD HomeRun Prime does not list 899 as one of the channels that I receive.
ohernan
join:2011-02-06
Dedham, MA

ohernan

said by chilihead:

FWIW, I got the email as well and while I did see the message on my Tivo I do not have HBO on 899.

The HD HomeRun Prime does not list 899 as one of the channels that I receive.

Try turning off pop-ups in the cable box settings and see if you get channel 899 then.

chilihead
Premium Member
Plano, TX

chilihead

Premium Member

I don't have a cable box.. just a Tivo.. no popup setting there that I could find.
ronsc1985
join:2004-07-07
Manassas, VA

ronsc1985 to Surprised

to Surprised
I've had it for a few weeks now in VH04. All the HBO channels are unblocked not just 899 as is HBO on demand.

vircotto
Premium Member
join:2002-06-04
searching...

vircotto

Premium Member

As of this morning, my service went from just the one channel unblocked to all of the HBO channels. I have received no communications indicating the reason for this change.
daghis
Premium Member
join:2004-07-22
Canonsburg, PA

daghis to chilihead

Premium Member

to chilihead
said by chilihead:

Is your CableCARD properly paired with your TiVo? HBO is one of the few channels that requires the CableCARD to be paired with the box.

There's a test channel that you can check for pairing issues, but I don't recall what it is. Perhaps someone else has a better memory than I do.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Channel 131 is the FiOS Help channel. If the CableCARD isn't properly paired with the host device, channel 131 will display the CableCARD pairing menu...

chilihead
Premium Member
Plano, TX

chilihead to daghis

Premium Member

to daghis
channel 131 shows the typical help videos for using the system. No pairing menu there.

All HBO channels say to contact your provider.

The online "My Verizon" service says I should have the service so I guess I'll have to call them get it resolved.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

You have an account issue, not a CableCARD pairing issue.