uniqs
share rss forum feed

ohernan

join:2011-02-06
Dedham, MA
reply to freyder

Re: Free HBO- is this for real?

said by freyder:

FWIW, I got the email as well and while I did see the message on my Tivo I do not have HBO on 899.

The Tivo shows the "contact your provider" message when I tune to 899.
The HD HomeRun Prime does not list 899 as one of the channels that I receive.

Try turning off pop-ups in the cable box settings and see if you get channel 899 then.

freyder
Premium
join:2001-02-15
Plano, TX
I don't have a cable box.. just a Tivo.. no popup setting there that I could find.

ronsc1985

join:2004-07-07
Manassas, VA
reply to Surprised
I've had it for a few weeks now in VH04. All the HBO channels are unblocked not just 899 as is HBO on demand.

vircotto

join:2002-06-04
searching...
As of this morning, my service went from just the one channel unblocked to all of the HBO channels. I have received no communications indicating the reason for this change.

daghis
Premium
join:2004-07-22
Canonsburg, PA
reply to freyder
said by freyder:

FWIW, I got the email as well and while I did see the message on my Tivo I do not have HBO on 899.

The Tivo shows the "contact your provider" message when I tune to 899.

Is your CableCARD properly paired with your TiVo? HBO is one of the few channels that requires the CableCARD to be paired with the box.

There's a test channel that you can check for pairing issues, but I don't recall what it is. Perhaps someone else has a better memory than I do.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
Channel 131 is the FiOS Help channel. If the CableCARD isn't properly paired with the host device, channel 131 will display the CableCARD pairing menu...

freyder
Premium
join:2001-02-15
Plano, TX
reply to daghis
channel 131 shows the typical help videos for using the system. No pairing menu there.

All HBO channels say to contact your provider.

The online "My Verizon" service says I should have the service so I guess I'll have to call them get it resolved.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
You have an account issue, not a CableCARD pairing issue.