dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

Re: [PvP] DSLR Rated Battleground group.

I've tried to get into some really low mmr rbg and got laughed at because of still having contender's and pve trinkets and weapons.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

One day you and Jobbie will win a 2s match.

And no one that wants to win RBGs will let you in without a trinket, lol.
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

I mostly get feared in BG's. Will of the Forsaken FTW
Cows
join:2010-02-27

Cows to Cptbeatstix

to Cptbeatstix
Yea better off to get full honor and some conquest gear before trying RBG. Getting points in 2v2 till then is your best bet. Just tank your rating hard till you start getting teams you can beat.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I am back!

So PvP madness can now start.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

Well my Spriest is almost fully pvp geared, and that's only I bought the gear to get into LFR.. LOL... still being smashed in 2 seconds by some loner warrior on the dominance dailies, we had to gather 3-4 guys to down him..

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

So I have a question. I've been starting to dabble a little bit with my warlock in some BGs. She is 486 in PvE gear. For PvP gear, I only have the crafted Contenders. Which is the better set for me? And if it is hte PvE, how do I know at what point to start swapping out slots with PvP gear?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Contenders is the best gear for you to start pvp. What I am doing is having my full contenders and getting the offset pieces first (rings, neck, cloak, trinket) the will go with Dreadful while keeping an eye on 5.2 to be sure I am honor capped when it hits.

ITSME
@pacbell.net

ITSME

Anon

can someone explain how rated BGS work? sorry im new to PVP

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

Kind of like arena but in battlegrounds. Win and your rating goes up. You need 10 people. They brought back the old school titles as well.

Carpie
united state

Carpie to Jobbie

to Jobbie
Thanks Jobbie for clarifying the Contenders vs PvE for me. As your PvE ilvl goes up you start to be such a dps powerhouse in PvE with the gear that I was left wondering if Contenders would really be better.

I saw the advice on spending honor points on off pieces and upgrading them before 5.2 so I'll go that route also. I was lucky enough to get a PvP cloak drop off of Sha my first time doing it (and nothing since lol) so I'm good there.
Carpie

Carpie to Jobbie

to Jobbie
Double post.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
said by Carpie:

Thanks Jobbie for clarifying the Contenders vs PvE for me. As your PvE ilvl goes up you start to be such a dps powerhouse in PvE with the gear that I was left wondering if Contenders would really be better.

It is really funny how easy is to spot a player in full PvE gear and just get to him and cut him to pieces.

One day I just had to say:

"hey!!! I killed a mage!"

Cptbeatstix was laughing really hard.
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

I felt sorry for that mage. He was all "ds;oaifhndskflnabsduifnab.adfvgsdfdsf" dead.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Last time it was a priest, I charged in with warbringer stun then used the "MASS DPS OMGWTF" macro Colossus smash + john fucking madden = 3 shotted priest. You guessed right he was in pve gear.

"MASS DPS OMGWTF" macro for the curious:

#showtooltip Recklessness
/use Avatar
/use Bloodbath
/use Deadly Calm
/use Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Victory
/use Recklessness
/use Skull Banner

Carpie
united state

Carpie

said by Jobbie:

Last time it was a priest, I charged in with warbringer stun then used the "MASS DPS OMGWTF" macro Colossus smash + john fucking madden = 3 shotted priest.

FOLLOWED BY:
said by Jobbie:

Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Jobbie my friend, this PvP experience is going to force you to change your signature.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I was thinking on changing my sig to:
"RAWR RAWR RAWR YARRR RAWR!!!!!" ("Actual sounds made by me when I hit the DPS macro") but if I am going Prot Flag Carrier I can keep it the way it is.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

I don't know... I'm kinda liking the new one.

Maybe you could post a soundbyte of it for us.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

After hearing the news about 5.2 I decided to go against a prot set I will wait until Malevolent switches to honor to get it done. Right not I am just upgrading my pieces when I am getting close to cap, 466 makes for a better punch in the gear.

I should be going into 5.2 with honor capped and at least 4k CP.
35245635 (banned)
join:2013-03-04
North Reading, MA

35245635 (banned) to Cows

to Cows
I wanted to revive this thread since 5.2 is happening now. When is this RBG going to start?