join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to chachazz

Re: Java SE 7 update 13 / Java SE 6 update 39

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Now you may not be able to check at java.com to see if the installation went correctly. Oracle has a warning now when you use Fx to check.

Java Panel "About" claims I have an older version of Java 7. ???

Opera 12.13 hangs on the Java check page.

IE 10 reports successful installation of 32bit version but Microsoft says I should also install the 64bit update and that will break Java on IE 10 (at least it did for the last two updates). Microsoft says IE 10 desktop version on Win 8 is MOSTLY 64bit but not fully (whatever the heck that means) so you must install both versions of Java. That gives me a Java Panel with no way to auto check for new versions. The installations have to be done off line.

Plus, while java.com reports successful installation of the latest 32bit version on IE 10, and Win Patrol asked me about allowing it, IE 10 itself reports that I have an OLD version 7 from Jan 1 2013 when I look at IE Addons. I haven't tried to install the 64bit version yet.

I would just uninstall Java from IE but that can't be done fully.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

TheJoker
Premium,VIP,MVM
join:2001-04-26
Charlottesville, VA
kudos:5

2 recommendations

I always use the offline installer as the offline installer never has the optional toolbar, and uninstall fully before installing the new versions (both X86 and 64-bit updates).
--
Proud ASAP member since 2005
Microsoft MVP/Consumer Security 2009-2010

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 recommendation

said by TheJoker:

I always use the offline installer as the offline installer never has the optional toolbar, and uninstall fully before installing the new versions (both X86 and 64-bit updates).

Ditto.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
Reviews:
·CableOne

1 recommendation

said by Dustyn:

said by TheJoker:

Ditto.

Ditto +2 on the offline installer.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

And I can't download it. Akamai is being stupid.