spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

1 edit

Xstar_Lumini

How Do I Change The Wi-Fi Name On Hitron CGN2-ROG?

...without having to stick that stupid USB drive into my computer and re-doing a complete set-up?

192.168.1.1 does NOT work.

In the initial set-up it did not saved my own wi-fi password and now the thing does not set-up, it gets stuck at 25% "connecting to network".

Am I missing something here or does this new modem/router doesn't allow you to access it's setting directly?
Xstar_Lumini

Xstar_Lumini

Okay I finally made 192.168.1.1 work by disconnecting my Rogers modem and re-starting my computer but the default name and passwords do not work, everything is fine now but I had to do it through the USB thumbnail drive provided by rogers to change my ISSD name and password
simon726
join:2006-12-21
Ajax, ON

simon726 to Xstar_Lumini

to Xstar_Lumini
If I'm not mistaken, the IP address for the Hitron CGN2-ROG is 192.168.0.1 - thats the same address like the Cisco DPC3825 (which I have).

I'm not familiar with the Hitron device, but this is the link for the Hitron device (PDF reader required. This link is from another cable company - if I'm not mistaken): »www.westmancom.com/filea ··· tron.pdf

Scroll down to the wireless section on that PDF file.

If anyone wants to make any corrections, kindly contribute.

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

1 edit

Xstar_Lumini

That's the greatest modem manual I ever seen, thanks, I just got this Hitron modem today and it gave me blazingly fast speeds, I could never go above 16 Mbds/down and 1/up but as soon as I connected the new Hiltron I got a whopping 77 Mbds/down and 3/up! I checked again tonight on Speedtest.Net and got 37 Mbds/down and 3 Mbds/down.

I previously had the Scientific Atlanta 2100 from the year 2005 I had neglected my hi-speed internet for a log time it seems.

**EDIT** The Hitron's wi-fi range kinda sucks... 3 out of 5 bars strength only 20.ft away from the modem? C'mon.....

Expand your moderator at work