All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
ez2cy
join:2008-03-05

ez2cy to takeahike

to takeahike

Re: [WIN7] Memory dump

I apoligize if I post things that are irrelvant. Not that good on puter.

It just happened again, but I did not see you reply until after.

I did change the "auto reboot" so I got all the info....not sure if it relevant or not.

Blue screen'

A problem has been detected........

Technacial Information
Stop 0s00000026(0x00000000001904FB,0xFFFFF8800324A9F80xFFFFF8800324A250,0xFFFFF880016A9244)

Ntfs.sys0AddressFFFFF880016A9244 base at FFFFF8800161D000.
Batectamp 5040d4c6

Not sure if that's anything or not

Thanks again..and again...and again for trying to help me
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

If the stopcode waa 0x00000026 then that points to a problem with the CD file system. Which seems unlikely - you weren't using the CD drive at the time?

»msdn.microsoft.com/en-us ··· 85).aspx
ez2cy

ez2cy

Sorry again for my ignorance.

I have a (not sure the right word for it) start up 'recovery" disc in my drive.

Had a problem with a rouge virus that shut down computer and could not start. Answer was to make this Kapersky rescue start up disc. It comes up on the screen everytime I boot but does nothing unless I click on it.

Not sure if that's what you mean or not.
ez2cy

ez2cy

I'll do another diagnostic with it removed if that's what you're meaning and post
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave to ez2cy

Premium Member

to ez2cy
The running program responsible for the crash, assuming you transcribed the stop code correctly (*), is the Compact Disc File System driver, "CDFS". I figured that out by looking up the stop code on Microsoft's web site, at the link I posted in my previous reply.

The only reason that I know that CDFS would be doing anything is that you were using the CD for some reason.

I'm not sure that having a disc just sitting there would cause any CD activity.

Still, if you don't need it there, it's worth removing it.

Or are you saying you need that CD in the reader in order for your PC to boot correctly? If so, that's another problem.

---

(*) The important part is the hexadecimal number after the word STOP, which you wrote as 0s00000026 and which I am assuming was actually 0x00000026. The '0x' part was certainly what was on the screen; I'm just hoping the 00000026 part was unmodified in the copying.
ez2cy

ez2cy

No, I don't need the disc in to boot.

I took it out and did a diagnostic again, this time though, I pressed F1 when it started to set what kind I need to do??? (was in help). I did the basic.

I did that, sorry did not write down the 00000 stuff this time.

There was a message that came up with the blue screen when it rebooted this time "Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

again, did write down the 00000's

Going to run thru all the diagnostics from pressing F1, think there is a standard and then an indepth or something.
ez2cy

ez2cy

well....not getting anywhere except it telling me I have a memory problem.

Guess I need to take it into the shop.

Thanks for trying to help folks, I do appreciate the effort.

takeahike
You sure ask a lot of dumb questions
Premium Member
join:2005-01-07
Catacombs

takeahike

Premium Member

How many memory sticks do you have? Test them one by one and figure out which one is bad and replace it. That should end your problems.
ez2cy

ez2cy

I know I have a few....maybe 4? but I have no idea how to test them

takeahike
You sure ask a lot of dumb questions
Premium Member
join:2005-01-07
Catacombs

takeahike

Premium Member

You have to run the memory diagnostic with only one stick at a time in the machine so you can determine which one or ones are defective. It's just a very simple process of elimination, trial and error procedure.