Pretty cool waste of a few minutes.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HXz2oOlN0A

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
Nice animation. They got the viper weapon sound wrong, and a little too much rotation going on, but well done.

However this is not really Star Trek versus BSG, more like ST vs the Cylons.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to Nightwing
OMFGZ that was "fun" if even a little overdone, but yeah I clapped towards the end Nifty! Watched it twice, Fullscreen.

TheGeeze
Doctor Mud
Premium
join:2002-07-17
Magnolia, TX
reply to Nightwing
That was great! Loved it!

metrodust
Hey Thats Mine

join:1999-12-10
Seattle, WA
reply to Nightwing
Interesting. The Starfleet ship models were pretty nice, but there were so many other problems overall that it was tough to enjoy.
--
When you are leaving.. heaven is a distance not a place. --Carissas Weird

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Nightwing
That was great.
Kind of odd to see the Galactica get it's ass kicked like that, but I guess shields do trump armor.
The mass jump to warp speed by the fleet was a cool bit.

Thanks, Nightwing.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
Ain't no way a Federation ship could hang in a fight like that.

Still, decent job. Only thing missing was seeing the Yamato warp in and wipe everyone out with the Wave Motion Gun. Tho I may be biased.........

said by Rook008:

Kind of odd to see the Galactica get it's ass kicked like that, but I guess shields do trump armor.

That or phasers and photon torpedoes don't pack the punch you would think....

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
reply to Nightwing
I'll have to check this out when I get home.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to Nightwing
The defiant could take on a fleet of Base Stars... Of course the Defiant has Ablative Plot Armor and Plot Shields.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

I'll have to check this out when I get home.

Same here, I can't wait.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

Boricua
Premium
Sacramuerto
reply to Nightwing
Wow, what a rush. That was great!! Did anybody catch the ending after the credits?

Apparently, after that last ship got away, the Cylons are rebuilding their fleet.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
reply to Nightwing
Pretty good for a fan made mini-movie but I thought the enterprise alone could take out the entire Cylon force.
--
Add a signature here

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 recommendation

reply to Nightwing
I enjoyed it. Like Rook008, it was hard to see the Galactica get its ass kicked like that. But it was outnumbered 3-1. Then the cylons were out numbered. But if it was just one federation ship I am not sure it could do a lot better. Sure the shields help but even they can get worn down. Made me want to see a shadow ship from B5 come in just to see it slice apart ships.

Anyway it was pretty cool to watch. Thx Nightwing
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war
Expand your moderator at work

metrodust
Hey Thats Mine

join:1999-12-10
Seattle, WA
reply to PhoenixDown

Re: [Sci-Fi] ST vs BSG

said by PhoenixDown:

Pretty good for a fan made mini-movie but I thought the enterprise alone could take out the entire Cylon force.

Which one? There were 2 that never simultaneously existed in this movie.
--
When you are leaving.. heaven is a distance not a place. --Carissas Weird

Boricua
Premium
Sacramuerto
reply to PhoenixDown
said by PhoenixDown:

I think the Enterprise and the Defiant would be enough. With Worf at the helm of the Defiant, who couldn't he beat .
--

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
join:2007-09-18
Gilroy, CA
reply to Nightwing
I find the lack of story disturbing.
It should be mentioned that this is Lorene Greene's BSG, Not Edward James Olmos'. I was hopping to see some raiders.
There was no thought of tactics either. Even the ancient tin cans would have done a better job of defending themselves.
Camera work needed more thought. Looks like they were trying to use the camera type work from the new BSG but forgot there had to be someone there to take the film(as did the new BSG from time to time, I believe).
And where were the raiders when the Starfleet ships arrived?

And there was one Starfleet ship I did not recognize.

I can only give 2.5 Cylons

--
"We are the only intelligent people in the universe." Arrogance 3:10

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy
reply to Nightwing
I saw what to me was ST TNG Enterprise from the series and the newer one from TNG movies. The Defiant and the U.S.S. Nautilus NCC-90101 is the almond shaped one that took a hit. Am I right?

I liked it but it was a bit long and drawn out. They seemed to put more detail into the Star Trek ships as well.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

1 recommendation

reply to captokita
said by captokita:

Ain't no way a Federation ship could hang in a fight like that.

Still, decent job. Only thing missing was seeing the Yamato warp in and wipe everyone out with the Wave Motion Gun. Tho I may be biased.........

said by Rook008:

That or phasers and photon torpedoes don't pack the punch you would think....

For a minute I was in Star Trek mode, thinking, "but the Yamato blew up in like the first or second season..." then I remembered who was talking.

Those Cylon raiders took a longer sustained burst to kill than did the K'Vort-class birds of prey in Yesterday's Enterprise. Talk about armor! Or phasers not having punch... >.>
--
Think Outside the Fox.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Fir_Na_Tine
said by Fir_Na_Tine:

U.S.S. Nautilus NCC-90101 is the almond shaped one that took a hit. Am I right?

I had never seen that one before. it looks like a cuttlefish.

Oh here is a question regarding the ST:TNG Enterprise, why didn't they seperate the saucer section from the rest of the ship? never understood why they showed that ability but never used it even when heading into battle.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Nightwing
Okay, just watched in in HD and on my big screen. Freaking AWESOME!!!!!

Incredibly well done!
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
Irving, TX
reply to Voxxjin
Well, in the show it was an expense thing. Though, one wonders if they couldn't just skip the showing of it separating and film only the stardrive flying around. Later, using CG... hell they probably never even made a model of just the stardrive...which still doesn't explain why the ill-fated Odyssey didn't separate before heading into the Gamma quadrant.
--
Think Outside the Fox.

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
I don't recall seeing any of the Galaxy class starships in the big Dominion war conflicts without their saucer sections attached.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Nightwing
I'm trying to remember where I know the USS Quadrant from, but my Google search isn't bringing anything up. I know I know that ship from somewhere. It just looks too damned familiar! It's bugging the hell out of me now!!!
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
said by Alpha Phoenix:

I'm trying to remember where I know the USS Quadrant from, but my Google search isn't bringing anything up. I know I know that ship from somewhere. It just looks too damned familiar! It's bugging the hell out of me now!!!

I`m pretty sure the USS Quadrant was a ship in the Star Trek Bridge Commander game, but I may be wrong.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Never played it. But that ship looks soooo familiar, as if I've seen it on either TNG, Voyager, or DS9.

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
Irving, TX
reply to seaquake
Which can be chalked up to laziness: they probably never made a CG model of the Galaxy class stardrive only.
--
Think Outside the Fox.