uniqs
hot304tee
join:2006-07-15
Las Vegas, NV

1 edit

hot304tee to bryant313

to bryant313

Re: [NV] Las Vegas Speed Increase?

This is pretty much the standard for me but I think I'm throttled or there's some kind of traffic shaping going on!

Check the timestamps

orion44
join:2013-01-31
Las Vegas, NV

orion44

One call to Cox support and I'm now enjoying a STEADY 12 Mpbs (1.5 MB/s) upload speed - HUGE improvement over measly 2.3 Mpbs!
bryant313
join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313 to hot304tee

to hot304tee
what plan are you because if you are on premier i looks like you have not been upgraded

also are you wired or wireless?
orion44
join:2013-01-31
Las Vegas, NV

orion44

Speedtest results going all the way to Mojave:

hot304tee
join:2006-07-15
Las Vegas, NV

hot304tee to bryant313

to bryant313
I'm on premiere and I'm running a DOC3 modem, using an apple time capsule so yeah I'm pretty much wireless.
lisster
join:2009-01-13
Las Vegas, NV

lisster

Tech came out the same day i called (pretty awesome).
He thought my upstream power was a bit low (37db) so he went outside and fiddled with the cables there.
That resulted in my downstream avrg power level going down from 4 to 0.1 (seriously awesome heh) and upstream now around 45.

Didnt seem to fix it so he had me go directly through the modem (dpc3010) which i had done the day before. took a LONG time to get an IP address but then my speeds were as advertised (65down,20up, he was surprised at the speed himself).
Which he figured meant it was my router (asus rt16 with tomato).

He then left saying it was up to me to fix it which was fine by me, i know the tech behind the modem well and the guy was really helpful as far as he could help me. So far cox subcontractors sent to my house have been amazing.

tl;dr-
After he left i rebooted everything and the speeds stayed good so perhaps it helps to force an IP change if you are having issues