uniqs
share rss forum feed

blu87

join:2004-03-23
united state
reply to madylarian

Re: [VOD] Can't Fast Forward On Demand

said by madylarian:

Complain to the advertisers. Who do you think is paying for these TV shows? They are the ones who don't want you to FF through the commercials and since they provide the $$$, they call the shots. What....you thought that broadcast TV was free????

mady

I'm not talking about the commercials. I don't give a crap about the commercials. I want to know why I can't FF through the d*mn shows. That's why I started this thread, not because of the commercials. Geez! Doesn't anyone read anymore.

If I only want to watch the last 5-10 minutes of a 1 hr (45 min) show, I have to either sit there through the whole thing or leave it on and time things so I come back for the last 5 minutes. That's annoying. And there are some shows where I just want to skip through certain things because it's plain boring.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3

But that IS because of the commercials. There isn't a way to differentiate between the commercial and the actual show so they just lock it down because the viewing practice you described isn't done by most viewers.