uniqs

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state

crazyk4952

Premium Member

Re: [Voip.ms] limit voicemail duration

So it seems that the limit is 3 minutes now. Seriously, I don't want to listen to a 3 minute long message!!
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM

Premium Member

said by crazyk4952:

So it seems that the limit is 3 minutes now. Seriously, I don't want to listen to a 3 minute long message!!

You don't have to listen to it, just press the Delete key before the ending. It's a better solution than hanging up a call while someone is leaving their personal biography on your mailbox.

I don't see the difference between you pressing Next or Delete compared to listening to a recording that cutoff suddenly. It's not like the caller is aware of his time limit.

We're giving the mailbox owner a choice, instead of the other way around.
lilarry
Premium Member
join:2010-04-06

lilarry to crazyk4952

Premium Member

to crazyk4952
said by crazyk4952:

Its pretty hard to try to police voice mail etiquette. Good voice mail etiquette is really the responsibility of the caller. Sadly, we seem to live in an era of bad etiquette all around.

Good voice mail etiquette dictates that one leaves their name and contact info at the beginning of a voice mail message. Then BRIEFLY add only what you feel is REALLY important - then finish by repeating name and contact info. This format gives the listener a chance to make decision whether to listen to the whole thing - plus enables a quick repeat of contact info if necessary.

Good sales people know that if you are leaving a voice message and you want to increase the chances of a call back, practice good phone etiquette. Everyone should learn from this.

Of course, according to sales trainer Jeffrey Gitomer, one of the best ways to get a call back is generate curiosity by intentionally cutting the call in the middle of leaving the voice mail message: "Hi this is Joe at 555-555-5555. I have something really important to te...[click]...". Short, to the point and gets the curiosity boiling every time.

ohmer
join:2003-08-06
Quebec, QC

ohmer to MartinM

to MartinM
said by MartinM:

said by crazyk4952:

You don't have to listen to it, just press the Delete key before the ending. It's a better solution than hanging up a call while someone is leaving their personal biography on your mailbox.

I don't see the difference between you pressing Next or Delete compared to listening to a recording that cutoff suddenly. It's not like the caller is aware of his time limit.

We're giving the mailbox owner a choice, instead of the other way around.

One thing I miss from my Primus TBB voicemail since I switched to voip.ms is that I was able to skip the "enveloppe" message (date/time with phone number) at the beginning of the message by pressing the # key. If I press # key with voip.ms vm, I'm logged out from the vm system.