spc
uniqs
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru to Liberty25

to Liberty25

Re: [DSL] Network congestion tonight?

said by Liberty25:

You know what? Reading some threads here, I now realize that I actually bought a new wifi router for no reason because of TSI's congestion issues.

During the day I work in my office and everything was fast, but in the evenings I move to my laptop which connects over wifi, and things were slow and I couldn't figure out why. Tried all kinds of things to speed it up until I actually bought a new linksys router thinking that my DSL modem's wifi was having problems.

Wish teksavvy could refund me that money, but I'll settle for fixing the congestion issue

What router did you had prior to upgrading? Just curious ** as you may needed an upgrade regardless!!
Liberty25
join:2013-02-01

Liberty25

As I said above, I was using my Thomson modem that I got when I signed up for TSI as a wifi router.
UK_Dave
join:2011-01-27
Powassan, ON

1 edit

UK_Dave

Hi Liberty,

You and I - we are in identical boats. I've done a lot of substitution of equipment, and wiring etc - just to avoid getting dinged the $85 that Bell threatens if they are called out and the problem is internal.

In the end, I called them (*Bell) directly with a "mysterious and sporadic" telephone static issue (not totally untrue), and that at least got me an engineer to site. He replaced the demarcation box and some inefficient and old wiring (for free, luckily). But at least now I can plug my equiment directly into the demarc to rule out the $85 hit.

I get it that Bell look after that first hop, and that was heavily promoted by TSI and a few of the pro's here.

The only thing that I find suspicious is why I am getting these problems - and my neighbour, who is still on Bell - does not.

I do take your view too, in that I just want it fixed.

However, if these new upgrades at TSI suddenly solve my problem I know I should be happy. But a not insignificant part of my head will also feel utterly pi$$ed off at what we've been through and had to put up with in terms of provision.

The fact it took until now to spot it (charitable interpretation), or admit it (not charitable interpretation) does not impress me.

I'll probably come back and edit this when I feel less grumpy.