share rss forum feed

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

2 edits

[Equipment] VoIPSupply Support Experience

I purchased the GIGASET C610A IP phone + the C610H handset from »www.canadianvoipstore.com/ on January 14, 2013

My buying experience was a good one.

On Jan 25, 2013 I open a support ticket with voipsupply and now I have to wonder if they know how to read [?]

In my ticket I outlined the issue with the C610H handset and provided the text of the message I received from Gigaset where Gigaset acknowledged the issue and advised me to return the handset to the point of purchase to have the handset replaced.

for everyone's benefit following is text posted to the ticket:

as per above order my GIGASET C610H handset does not have the same functionality as the identical handset that comes with the C610A IP base station. I contacted GIGASET support and they responded as follows:

"Thank you for contacting Gigaset tech support. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your phone. Regretably I do have to inform you that this is caused by a difference in the software version programmed in the phone. Some of the C610H handsets manufactured just after the release of the product have a somewhat different software version than the ones that were manufactured a year or so after initial launch. This is a known issue however, unfortunately, this is not something that can be corrected, not even with a firmware update. Really the only thing you could do is return the C610H handset to the retailer and have it replaced with a new one but again there is a slight chance that you will get a handset with an older software version. Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again as we would be more than glad to assist you in any way we can."

Can you please confirm that if I exchange the C610H handset the replaced unit will in fact have the same functionality?

If you are wondering what the missing functionality is please see the following:

"the capability and features missing are identified under [Select Services] in the handset provided with the base station."

it took voipsupply ONE WEEK to respond directly to the issue--- on 2013-02-01 the folks at voipsupply respond with

When you spoke with Gigaset did they let you know which software version you need to have on the unit for it to work?

IMO not a great support experience.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
Information Technology for Home and Business

wcweaver
Premium
join:2002-02-22
Fort Myers, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
·voip.ms
·callwithus

said by mozerd:

I purchased the GIGASET C610A IP phone + the C610H handset from »www.canadianvoipstore.com/ on January 14, 2013

My buying experience was a good one.

On Jan 25, 2013 I open a support ticket with voipsupply and now I have to wonder if they know how to read [?]

In my ticket I outlined the issue with the C610H handset and provided the text of the message I received from Gigaset where Gigaset acknowledged the issue and advised me to return the handset to the point of purchase to have the handset replaced.

for everyone's benefit following is text posted to the ticket:

as per above order my GIGASET C610H handset does not have the same functionality as the identical handset that comes with the C610A IP base station. I contacted GIGASET support and they responded as follows:

"Thank you for contacting Gigaset tech support. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your phone. Regretably I do have to inform you that this is caused by a difference in the software version programmed in the phone. Some of the C610H handsets manufactured just after the release of the product have a somewhat different software version than the ones that were manufactured a year or so after initial launch. This is a known issue however, unfortunately, this is not something that can be corrected, not even with a firmware update. Really the only thing you could do is return the C610H handset to the retailer and have it replaced with a new one but again there is a slight chance that you will get a handset with an older software version. Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again as we would be more than glad to assist you in any way we can."

Can you please confirm that if I exchange the C610H handset the replaced unit will in fact have the same functionality?

If you are wondering what the missing functionality is please see the following:

"the capability and features missing are identified under [Select Services] in the handset provided with the base station."

it took voipsupply ONE WEEK to respond directly to the issue--- on 2013-02-01 the folks at voipsupply respond with

When you spoke with Gigaset did they let you know which software version you need to have on the unit for it to work?

IMO not a great support experience.

If you have been following the Gigaset handset threads, you will see this is a common problem. Your chance aof getting a handset at his late date are probably slim to none unless you find a used one for sale.

Good Luck

Bill

PREVIOUS POST

said by DoctorStinky:

Your observation was the subject of some discussion on the old "crippled" thread. And yes, I think the base should determine what features are available through the handset, but that doesn't seem to be the case in Gigaset's world.

Both the included and additional handsets are identified as C610Hs, although the one that came with the base has an appended designation of "CT/CN" while the additional handset's is CT/C4.

There's also a long alphanumeric string below the model number that differs between the handsets:

Included: S30852-82355-R311-6
Additional: S30852-52355-R301-7

The base/handset and additional handset were purchased at the same time through Amazon's US site.
DoctorStinky:

I also purchased from Amazon about a year ago. I just tried the code and it worked for my phone.

It appears there is a later firmware.

My additional phone model has the number S30852-S2355-R301-3.

If you look at your numbers again I suspect the 5 in the second string maybe a S.

The last number on mine is 3 and yours is 7 suggesting a firmware revision.

I am in the process of ordeing a sixth handset frrom Amazon, so I will keep your info in mind.

Thanks

Bill

mozerd
Premium,MVM
Nepean, ON

1 recommendation

said by wcweaver:

If you have been following the Gigaset handset threads, you will see this is a common problem. Your chance aof getting a handset at his late date are probably slim to none unless you find a used one for sale.

MY post was made to drive the primary POINT that VOIPSUPPLY have a problem with reading comprehension consequently providing POOR customer support.

I followed gigaset's suggestion to go back to the retailer --- with one exception --- before I sent the C610H back could the retailer answer the important question --- Can you please confirm that if I exchange the C610H handset the replaced unit will in fact have the same functionality?

BECAUSE VOIPSUPPLY did not read the comments made by GIGASET their response to me was a waste of time and effort. LESSON learned --- no more business dealing with voipsupply from me. All voipsupply had to do was contact Gigaset and get the details from them THEN respond to me with actions items -- like NO we cannot confirm that if the C610H handset is replaced it will have the same functionality or Yes we can confirm etc.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

wcweaver
Premium
join:2002-02-22
Fort Myers, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
·voip.ms
·callwithus

said by mozerd:

said by wcweaver:

If you have been following the Gigaset handset threads, you will see this is a common problem. Your chance of getting a handset at his late date are probably slim to none unless you find a used one for sale.

MY post was made to drive the primary POINT that VOIPSUPPLY have a problem with reading comprehension consequently providing POOR customer support.

I followed gigaset's suggestion to go back to the retailer --- with one exception --- before I sent the C610H back could the retailer answer the important question --- Can you please confirm that if I exchange the C610H handset the replaced unit will in fact have the same functionality?

BECAUSE VOIPSUPPLY did not read the comments made by GIGASET their response to me was a waste of time and effort. LESSON learned --- no more business dealing with voipsupply from me. All voipsupply had to do was contact Gigaset and get the details from them THEN respond to me with actions items -- like NO we cannot confirm that if the C610H handset is replaced it will have the same functionality or Yes we can confirm etc.

Not trying to offend you, but just pointing out that this has been common problem (complain). I agree the customer service you got from VOIPSUPPLY was lame.

Just for grins, would you take the battery and look at the second number inside the compartment. The new handsets seem to have the numbers:

The -7 is unable to have Select Services menu.

Good Luck

Bill

mozerd
Premium,MVM
Nepean, ON

said by wcweaver:

Just for grins, would you take the battery and look at the second number inside the compartment. The new handsets seem to have the numbers:

The -7 is unable to have Select Services menu.

yes the additional handset does have the -7.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call