join:2012-08-10

TheThing to VioletVenom

to VioletVenom

Re: Path of Exile - Guide and Tips

right now my marauder has a 3-linked gem axe

skill: cleave (hit multiple mobs)
support #1: your attack also does fire damage
support #2: a % of the damage heals you

my cleaves now do fire damage, on top of the regular damage, and a % of the damage heals me

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL

VioletVenom

Premium Member

More great stuff guys! One problem I didn't realize about the forums here, you are only able to edit a post 5 days from the original posting date. So I'm no longer able to edit the top post now. I was thinking of trying to organize it better so the newest information people found would be displayed at the top. But that idea is out the window.

@stvnbrs- You have main gems (spells) and support gems. So say I socket my fireball and then link it with a multiple projectile gem now I have multiple fireballs.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

Awesome, and the f2p is because it is in beta still? Any word on cost later?

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

said by stvnbrs:

It's f2p forever...microtrans will support it, will never be pay to win.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

said by Koil:

said by stvnbrs:

Is it still in beta? If I make characters tonight, will I lose them in the future? And holy ****, need to get in on this.

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

said by stvnbrs:

said by Koil:

said by stvnbrs:

Is it still in beta? If I make characters tonight, will I lose them in the future? And holy ****, need to get in on this.

Yes, still in beta, but there will be no more wipes. It's basically "out" now, but there are still bugs they're working on.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
It's a cool ass game dude. Very atmospheric. Your head will explode from sheer overload just looking at the skill tree. The more I read about this game, the deeper it gets.

This game is a theory crafters wet dream.

TheThing

TheThing

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

blizzard coming!

time to bunker in and play vodeo games for 72 horus non stop!

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to VioletVenom

Premium Member

to VioletVenom
I work at a medical clinic in Chicago (~5-minutes from downtown) and ~2-3 years ago, while I was here, a blizzard began coming down hard. I punch-out at 6:00 PM, however, on that day we were sent home early (~3:00 PM) because of poor visibility and the snow just packing so bad. The clinic was closed down for an additional 2 days. Boy do I wish we'd get hit by this Northeastern storm.

I think we got over 2-feet on that day. Standing outside of my house the streets had snow piled up to the level of a car's hood, and in some places more. My friend and I made 600 total (which we split) for 4-hours of shoveling that day by hand. I was hurtin'!

TheThing

TheThing to VioletVenom

to VioletVenom
chicago is a beautiful city

i b*nged a hot exotic asian/polish chick there

the good old days!

tell dino sue i say hi!

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to pr1mo

Premium Member

to pr1mo
We got 18 inches here a couple of years ago, which is a lot for the middle of Missouri. I put some pics in the weather forum. I hear you about hurting after all that shoveling,it took me hours just to get a path to the street from my door. As much as I'd like a snow day to play PoE I don't know if I want that much to happen again any time soon. A friend in Albany says they're expecting something like 20 inches.

TheThing

TheThing to VioletVenom

to VioletVenom
in CT the last tiem we had a major snow storm we lost power

that's double screwed

as long as we don't lose power... let it snow let it snow let it snow!

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to VioletVenom

Premium Member

to VioletVenom
Everyone give TheThing a nice farewell. We won't see him online for about a week. Make sure you take pictures of your igloo

TheThing

TheThing

Gonna be locked in the house with the wife with no power for 3 days, with nothing to do but...

i told her

"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to VioletVenom

Premium Member

to VioletVenom
Started playing last night. So far I have been keeping all mats / orbs ect. I am also only picking up blue items or quality items for sale. Does anyone have any better tips on how to distinguish loot? Also, someone mentioned in-game that there are vendor recipe sales, such as a 3-color linked item will give you an orb, or a ring + orb will sell for a different type of ring. Anyone have better info on this?

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
said by TheThing:

Gonna be locked in the house with the wife with no power for 3 days, with nothing to do but...

i told her

"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

"This won't end well." - Traherne
primeomega
join:2004-03-11
De Pere, WI

primeomega to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
said by stvnbrs:

Started playing last night. So far I have been keeping all mats / orbs ect. I am also only picking up blue items or quality items for sale. Does anyone have any better tips on how to distinguish loot? Also, someone mentioned in-game that there are vendor recipe sales, such as a 3-color linked item will give you an orb, or a ring + orb will sell for a different type of ring. Anyone have better info on this?

»en.pathofexilewiki.com/w ··· _Recipes

This is a recipes list for ya. Just selling items as you get them will not get you the best orbs in return. Make sure you try to sell items so it fits what you want.

What I try to do is pick a orb that I want to work on, and sell items to match that orb for a while. Get a few of them, then move on to the next.

Stash Tab Bundle is a great item to buy if you really get into it. Items like Chaos Orb's can take a lot of saving and room up in your stash.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

said by primeomega:

said by stvnbrs:

»en.pathofexilewiki.com/w ··· _Recipes

This is a recipes list for ya. Just selling items as you get them will not get you the best orbs in return. Make sure you try to sell items so it fits what you want.

What I try to do is pick a orb that I want to work on, and sell items to match that orb for a while. Get a few of them, then move on to the next.

Stash Tab Bundle is a great item to buy if you really get into it. Items like Chaos Orb's can take a lot of saving and room up in your stash.

At work, any way to get a copy/paste? I normally show support for games like this though a transaction, even if I don't stick around, kinda like a tip for doing well. I may just get the tab bundle while they are on sale.
Coolbrz
join:2002-12-16
Kane, PA

1 recommendation

Coolbrz to VioletVenom

to VioletVenom
Another tip, most may know this but have seen people ask about it in game.

You dont need a skill always on your hotkeys to have them work. I bring this up due to later on when you start possibly running alot of auras.

You can switch a key to an aura, then activate the aura and then remove it from your hotkeys. So i use one key to enable the 3 auras i currently run, then switch it back to another skill.

As long as you dont die, the auras will always be on. They wont show up when youre in town but as soon as you head back out in an instance they will be on.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I spent 45 minutes last night reading skills. Are the level up points all passives for all classes?

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
Gainesville, FL

VioletVenom

Premium Member

Yes, you can go anywhere in the passive tree with any character.
VioletVenom

VioletVenom

Premium Member

Stat caps:

- Physical reduction: increased to 90% in patch 0.9.7
- Evade: 5%-75% (0% with wavering stances). Max arrow dodge not tested. Should be 75.
- Chance to hit 5%-95% (100% with resolute/unique item)

All of the above are calculated upon armour/evasion/accuracy and relative to each monster. The % displayed is only based on the default value on your level

- Block 75%. Spell block maximum not tested. Should be 75 too.

-Dodge and spell dodge are separate from evade, max are 24% and 20%

- Resist: base max 75%, with certain passive 81%, with resist flask 91%, with an unique for cold resist: 96%. Chaos resist can reach 100% with Chaos Inoculation
- Crit chance: 5%-95%
- Crit multiplier: no max, stack as much as you want.

- Item find (quantity): max around 200%, depends on unique/combination
- Magic find (rarity): many unique provide huge bonuses for this so i'm not sure. It should be about 400-500
»www.pathofexile.com/foru ··· ad/26948

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Awesome, thank you.

Anyone have an updated chart for orb values? The one we have hear is outdated.

TheThing

TheThing

here*

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Gfy!

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
Gainesville, FL

VioletVenom to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
»www.poeex.info/

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Thanks man.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
Gainesville, FL

VioletVenom

Premium Member

More goodies:

List of all the quest rewards:
»docs.google.com/spreadsh ··· ue#gid=0

Monster levels per Area and Difficulty:
»docs.google.com/spreadsh ··· 2c#gid=0

Accuracy Table:
»docs.google.com/spreadsh ··· FE#gid=1

Pricing Spreadsheet:
»docs.google.com/spreadsh ··· page=250

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil to VioletVenom

Premium Member

to VioletVenom
»exilebuilds.com/

Decent (new, but appears to be ramping quickly) web site with different builds, all separated by class and ranked individually.

Still too new to call, but a decent launching point for a build you're interested in.