spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

LTE Coverage in London

Anyone with an LTE capable phone see their data connection revert back to 4G (at least my phone is reporting HSPA+ as 4G, and says LTE when it's connected to LTE) or 3G in London? Happened over night, had LTE coverage. Might be related to the snow storm blowing through I guess.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

It jumps around occasionally. Depending on location, weather etc. If you normally see LTE and that's not currently the case, something has probably caused it.

What kind of phone?

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

It's the Xperia Ion that I'm currently using.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
London, ON

1 edit

nekkidtruth to TypeS

Premium Member

to TypeS
Are you using the stock ROM or custom?

And which area are you in? I know from experience there are several dead zones in London where service drops all the way down to GPRS (If you're lucky)

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

I'm using stock ROM. Well the stock ROM that Sony installed on it with their UI skin and then Rogers branded for themselves.

I live near Dundas & Third St intersection, north of Dundas. The LTE coverage was solid until the snow storm.

And ya I once encountered the deadspot while eating a restaurant owned by a family friend on Hamilton road near Trafalgar Rd. Not LTE, not even HSPA or 3G, I was connected to EDGE (I believe thats what the E stands for on my device).

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth to TypeS

Premium Member

to TypeS
Yeah. There's on up by Highbury and Huron as well (behind Montcalm), if you're inside a house back there it's completely dead Lol.

Anyway, I personally can't test by going there right now but if anyone else in that area can confirm, I'd say call Rogers. Maybe the tower in that area was damaged?

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

That area was deadspot for 3G, or atleast inside the school Rogers 3G never worked well when I went there 6 years ago lol. Telus/Bell CDMA phones worked best in the area back then.

Well I'll wait a few more days before I call Rogers.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
London, ON

nekkidtruth to TypeS

Premium Member

to TypeS
I guess the obvious should be mentioned as well...I'm assuming you have checked out your APN settings to make sure they're correct and or you're using the correct APN?

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

I've never fiddled with the APN settings. It says ltemobile.apn right now.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
London, ON

nekkidtruth to TypeS

Premium Member

to TypeS
Ok. If you go into that, can you list here all the settings that are in there? Sounds like it should be right, but might as well make sure!
yev91
join:2011-03-16
Ontario

yev91 to nekkidtruth

to nekkidtruth
Hey I live really close by, and I get poor reception even on the second floor. My driveway is completely dead, and so is the street.

I call them and they said they made a ticket and stuff but who knows.

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

I meant to post the stats for the APN profile but got caught up trying to fix my cable internet, bad coax termination on an outlet. Rogers wouldnt fix so I fixed it myself.

But I got LTE coverage back today, funny its right after another winter storm. Thanks for help.