how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

whayL

join:2013-02-02

LAN setup

Click for full size
Good day guys, Need help with this setup. i'm trying to setup 2 lan connections. My first lan would be AP1 and the other one is the switch. I need to setup different ip range with ap1. Is it also possible to link up the two lan connections? Note this is my current setup. Thanks

Bink
Villains... knock off all that evil

join:2006-05-14
Castle Rock, CO
kudos:4
Reviews:
·VOIPO

I don’t know much about the TP-LINK — I just glanced at »www.tp-link.com/us/products/deta···R470T%2B — but your diagram is sound. Assuming the TP-LINK router can route across all its ports, you can do what you want. That said, traffic between your two internal subnets will flow through the router and might be limited by the performance of the device. If the TP-LINK can’t route across all its ports, you’ll need to replace it with a router that can or replace your unmanaged switch with a managed switch that can also do routing (and you’ll plug AP1 into this switch instead).

whayL

join:2013-02-02

so i need to replace my switch with managed one right? btw here's an emulator of the device

»www.tp-link.com/resources/simula···ndex.htm

Expand your moderator at work

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to whayL

Re: LAN setup

If that TPLink cannot seperate your LANS I would be very much surprised. I would investigate that first before purchasing anything.

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
reply to whayL

From the demo, looks like the R470T only has one DHCP pool that can be configured. Any particular reason
why you need more than one DHCP pool / range?

As for "linking" the LANs, so long as the R470T is your chokepoint, the LANs are already linked.

Regards