Search similar:

uniqs

sm5w2
Premium Member
join:2004-10-13
St Thomas, ON

sm5w2

Premium Member

AMC should be showing Groundhog Day (it's not?!)

The AMC movie channel is supposed to be showing Groundhog Day right now (10 am saturday). Instead I see some old western ( The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid, 1972). They went straight into the movie at 10 am without showing any titles (I had to look to IMDB to figure out the movie title).

Did Rogers substitute this movie - in place of Groundhog day?

What kind of crap is this? Do the cable companies really want us to "cut the cord" so bad that they pull this crap on us?
mike10
join:2004-03-02

1 edit

mike10

there website says that a show called the The Rifleman is supposed to be on right now

but sometimes the American channels will replace some of there programming in Canada with something else because they do not own the Canadian rights

sm5w2
Premium Member
St Thomas, ON

sm5w2

Premium Member

Look here:

»www.amctv.com/schedule-m ··· le?tz=ET

The Rifleman is listed many times on the 1/2 hour up till 10:00 am. Then every 2.5 hours starting at 10:00 am they're supposed to be showing Groundhog day.

Instead, at 10:00 am I'm seeing a color western movie with Cliff Robertson (as I indicated in my first post).

If AMC doesn't have the rights to Groundhog Day in Canada - Then WHO DOES ?!?! - And why aren't they making any money with those rights by broadcasting it in Canada today ?!?!?!

(come to think of it - I don't recall stumbling across "Scrooged" during my channel-flipping over the holidays either...)

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to sm5w2

Premium Member

to sm5w2
said by mike10:

there website says that a show called the The Rifleman is supposed to be on right now

Great classic television. Almost every episode has a 'situation' and a moral.
said by sm5w2:

The AMC movie channel is supposed to be showing Groundhog Day right now (10 am saturday).

Yea, I saw it advertised at a friend's the other night (Bell satellite), that it would be aired all day and I thought it was a funny idea to air it all day since the show involves a guy repeating his day...

Maybe someone with another provider can confirm if AMC is showing Groundhog Day or another show?

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

1 edit

koira

Premium Member

Bell has the great northfield on now followed by the undefeated.
no mention of Groundhog on AMC out well into tomorrow

actually SonyM channel has it on right now, i dont subscribe to that one. Its repeating on Sony all day
dragonfly5
join:2012-09-04

dragonfly5 to sm5w2

to sm5w2
What is this, the 80s? Get Netflix and watch it when you want.

sm5w2
Premium Member
St Thomas, ON

sm5w2

Premium Member

> What is this, the 80s? Get Netflix and watch it when you want.

I'm paying good coin for (analog-legacy) cable TV.

Pulling substitution crap like this, for something I was planning to watch, does nothing to foster good customer relations or increase my perception of value for what I'm paying for.

Tangent:

I bought a relative in Windsor one of those 4-camera CCTV security systems (Zmodo) from Factory Direct for $160 for Christmas. It works surprisingly well, with web-based internet access and all.

I had him connect the output of his digital OTA convertor to one of the camera inputs, and tune the convertor to WWJ (CBS) Detroit. Using the web-based IE interface, I can watch WWJ here in London through the Zmodo box.

I'll be watching the "big game" tomorrow, US commercials and all...

digitalfutur
Sees More Than Shown
Premium Member
join:2000-07-15
GTA

digitalfutur to sm5w2

Premium Member

to sm5w2
It's available for free on Crackle.

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut to sm5w2

Anon

to sm5w2
Actually it's on right now and again at 1 AM on Movietime on Expressvu.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to sm5w2

MVM

to sm5w2
I didn't think that you could get AMC in Canada...

urbanriot
Premium Member
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

AMC & AMC HD channels on Bell satellite
»www.bell.ca/styles/tv/al ··· lpha.pdf

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by urbanriot:

... and on Shaw (both cable and Direct), and Cogeco, and Rogers...
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to Guspaz

to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

I didn't think that you could get AMC in Canada...

Yes, and Walking Dead marathon tomorrow starting at 3pm.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to Gone

MVM

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by urbanriot:

... and on Shaw (both cable and Direct), and Cogeco, and Rogers...

And not on Videotron, the only television service provider available to me without switching ISPs. Oh well.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

I guess the moral of the story is that there's more to Canada than just Quebec, eh?

urbanriot
Premium Member
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by Gone:

I guess the moral of the story is that there's more to Canada than just Quebec, eh?

Hey, they have Bell Satellite in Quebec too... it's why we have so many French stations and Maleflixxx.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Okay, okay. There's more to Canada than just MDUs Greater Montreal that don't allow satellite dishes to be mounted onto their buildings.