Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

slidebite

join:2012-12-07
Lethbridge, AB
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

[DSL] New customer timeframe and downtime changing providers?

I have been a Telus customer since the early 90s, but the way they are going about the whole caps changing and raising prices ticks me off. I am very seriously considering changing even though I almost certainly am under 100GB per month.

Couple of questions:

I have Telus Turbo 25 and after painful hiccups of them getting it hooked up, it has worked very well. I also have Telus telephone service.

1) What is the typical time frame involved with canceling service with Telus and having it "working" with TekSavvy? I would have a big concern if we have no internet service for more than a day or two.

2) I also notice that TekSavvy offers home telephone service. I live in Lethbridge, AB. Is it traditional service or IP service? Same question, what is the time frame involved and are there any negatives compared to Telus traditional service?

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

Re: [DSL] New customer timeframe and downtime changing providers

said by slidebite:

1) What is the typical time frame involved with canceling service with Telus and having it "working" with TekSavvy? I would have a big concern if we have no internet service for more than a day or two.

You would have to reach out to Telus & cancel the service. I'm unsure of the minimum amount of time they'll require to cancel their service. Once you have your date we can place the order for that same date. We do require a minimum of 6 business days to get you installed DSL.

said by slidebite:

2) I also notice that TekSavvy offers home telephone service. I live in Lethbridge, AB. Is it traditional service or IP service? Same question, what is the time frame involved and are there any negatives compared to Telus traditional service?

We only offer a home phone service (land line) on the Bell network of ON & QC. So to keep your home phone, we suggest you stick with Telus.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

Regards,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

slidebite

Lethbridge, AB
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to slidebite

Thanks for the reply. Before I tell Telus to stuff it, since I have Turbo with them right now can I be assured that Teksavvy can also offer me High speed 25? Last think I want is to go back to them, hat in hand after I cancel it!

Postal code T1H 5N3 shows OK.

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON

If you haven't done so already, I'd get us to qualify your address to ensure you can get the service. We would have to be sure we can qualify you on our end before we would be able to request a service from Telus.

You can do so here : »TekSavvy Direct

Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

slidebite

Lethbridge, AB

Thanks! I sent you a PM before I realized that forum used protected posts. If you still want me to post instead of the PM let me know. Appreciate the help.

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON

replied to your PM.